• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mogul reports for SoVT?

Greg

Staff member
Looking to go somewhere in Southern VT Thursday or more likely Friday. Not up for the trip all the way to Killington. Who's got the best bumps right now? Snow or Okemo?

drjeff

Mount snow - overbrook/rollercoaster off canyon - seeded and nice. Yard sale - decent. Ripcord - a bit of irregular bumps ontop of a bullet proof base that needs some 50 degree temps - jaws - PHENOMENAL! challenger - sweet - chute - I didn't personally ski it today, but I heard goods reports from reliable sources over beers in cuzzins today. And btw, the trees don't suck right now either!

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'd search for some Stratton beta. I think you said you've never been. They had tons of great bumps when I was there earlier this winter. IMHO, Stratton is a better hill than both Okemo and Mt. Snow.

k123

not considering west to the cats - hunter or belleayre?

They'll both be good tomorrow, probably softening up a lot in the afternoon. If you are looking for bumps at Belleayre, Onteora is my favorite right now, also the lower half of belleayre run. Cathedral Brook and the glades are still open also, and there should be some powder in the trees

gmcunni

They'll both be good tomorrow, probably softening up a lot in the afternoon. If you are looking for bumps at Belleayre, Onteora is my favorite right now, also the lower half of belleayre run. Cathedral Brook and the glades are still open also, and there should be some powder in the trees

you there today? if so, how were crowds?

gladerider

I'd search for some Stratton beta. I think you said you've never been. They had tons of great bumps when I was there earlier this winter. IMHO, Stratton is a better hill than both Okemo and Mt. Snow.

i agree. stratton is the best SVT hill in my book. i ride mostly in the trees and i like their glades setup.

was there today and last saturday. they had kids mogul comp at the stevek last week i think. new snow covered the entire mt really nicely. it snowed all morning and in the afternoon as well, but it got grabby in the afternoon. quite a few trails are bumped up nicely.

Glenn

Bumps were pretty good on Rollercoaster yesterday. I'm going to hit them again today. The Ripper was pretty icy in spots! Hopefully, it'll soften up this week.

drjeff

Delivery. I'll post a TR later or tomorrow.

I'll help Glenn out a bit (and some of this will be right out of Glenn's mouth as we were talking bumps (and sweating a bit about 11:30 today in the upstairs of the summit lodge ;) )

Ripcord needs some warm air, and not just say 36 degrees warm air, but more like 50 degrees warm air :eek: Commited though to get to Ripcord and the "mens tee" for Jaws is bumped up pretty nice!

Jaws - My personal current bump pick at Mount Snow!

Freefall - about 3 days into a "let it bump upcycle"

Challenger -> Boulder Pile - not too far behind Jaws in it's bump-awesomeness right now

Chute - Decent, but nothing special

Olympic (see Freefall description)

Rollercoaster - just plain fun, low angle mainly seeded bumps (especially once the April sun does it's thing by mid/late AM)

Yrad Sale - fun short hit once the sun has done its thing

reefer

Okemo skied well today.................

..............just sayin'

i'll post a report later on, (emphasis on late)

DSCN3742.JPG

DSCN3747.JPG

DSCN3741.JPG

DSCN3740.JPG

DSCN3748.JPG

DSCN3706.JPG

DSCN3734.JPG

DSCN3721.JPG

WoodCore

Nice pics Reefer!!! Okemo's bumps are looking way better than what Stratton had to offer today! Can you say Okemogul !

MommaBear

I ski Mount Snow. And I like Mount Snow. But I've got to go with Okemo on this one. Even before seeing the pictures. Sel's choice is always there and bumped. And Okemo seems to have longer, more consistent runs with bumps (don't know trail names, but the ones leading down into the Jackson Gore are lower angle and my favorites).

Challenger is my favorite at Mount Snow. But at 1:30 today, the top section was still pretty firm (and some thinner spots beginning to show). Middle section was sweet (the lower angle may have something to do with that for me..). Ending section was softer but with bumps spread further apart.

Greg

Staff member
..............just sayin'

i'll post a report later on, (emphasis on late)

DSCN3742.JPG

DSCN3747.JPG

DSCN3741.JPG

DSCN3740.JPG

DSCN3748.JPG

DSCN3706.JPG

DSCN3734.JPG

DSCN3721.JPG

Nice pics Reefer!!! Okemo's bumps are looking way better than what Stratton had to offer today! Can you say Okemogul !

I was just coming to post in this thread after seeing reefer's report.

Might very well be Okemoguls for Friday. Who;s down!?

2knees

I was just coming to post in this thread after seeing reefer's report.

Might very well be Okemoguls for Friday. Who;s down!?
My ego could use those :)
Put me down for a definite maybe

Glenn

I'll help Glenn out a bit (and some of this will be right out of Glenn's mouth as we were talking bumps (and sweating a bit about 11:30 today in the upstairs of the summit lodge ;) )

Ripcord needs some warm air, and not just say 36 degrees warm air, but more like 50 degrees warm air :eek: Commited though to get to Ripcord and the "mens tee" for Jaws is bumped up pretty nice!

As a skier, the last thing I want is a warm up. But after skiing the Ripper yesterday..... :wink: