• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Money from ski areas!

amf

Well I receieved a most unusual gift the other day - money from a ski area! I had renewed my daughter's college student 3-dom pass at the end of the season (albeit with a grudge due to what I felt was a substantial price increase). Then Booth Creek went & lowered the price & sent a refund check for $20! Woo hoo! First time I ever received money back from a ski area that had not strings attached. Unfortunately, they made the check out in her name...

Vortex

I bought my kids passes a couple of years ago and Loon Lowered the prices. Gave me a refund. I think it happened twice. Cool about your refund. :D
I have a buddy up there said Nov 19 is the day they are playing with for opening.

amf

Brettski said:
Where does she go to college?

And how much was the pass?

UNH... I think the pass ended up being $219. Check the web sites for Loon, Waterville, or Cranmore for details.

skibum1321

UNH... I think the pass ended up being $219. Check the web sites for Loon, Waterville, or Cranmore for details.
Can't really complain about that for a college pass price. The ones I got were all more expensive (except the one St. Mikes gave us for $25 to Smuggs starting last year). Stowe was $375, the Bush is $299, Smuggs regular college is $299. The only ones that I know that are cheaper are Jay($199) and Bolton($150). Granted I'd be willing to pay more for the mtns I mentioned because I think the skiing is better, but 3 mtns for 220 is pretty darn good.

I wish my parents paid for my passes :cry:

DJAK

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
skitheeast.net
Brettski said:
Dig this..the UNH Ski Club goes to KMart/Pico, The River, The Loaf...and the only NH mountain Attitash....

http://campusrec.unh.edu/clubs/clubs.html

Can you beleive that?

I can. Many of their students are from all over the east. Which pass is the most flexible for that group? The All For One Pass. Keep in mind that the students from various areas want a pass they can use over their breaks, which are substantial. I used to run a college ski club, and I could see how if 50% of the clubbers have an All For One Pass, and the 50% who only come sometimes don't, then why not just keep the club running strong by going to pass acceptable areas.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I'm so glad that being a law student is considered "college" :D

Still deciding which pass....