• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your 2021 Ski/Ride Christmas List

Smellytele

I picked up a set of these adaptable lense goggles I had read about and they're great

I am also doing Adult Race League this year, so I decided to splurge on a pair of used Rossignol Hero Masters GS skis. I'll still probably suck as I've never been great at gates. I won't be able to blame having slow skis now though. Haha
You’ll still beat my times in the gates! Hate being told when to turn. 😄

Mum skier

As a family we had a ski cargo box on our joint list. We have a roof rack but the skis get all salty and rusty with grime while driving and as the kids stuff gets bigger each year we’d like to put more on top. But our garage is really low and even though we only have an Outback (not really high) we can’t find a model that would allow us to drive into the garage with it on!
And we need some snow at Hunter because due to some convoluted circumstances that is where we’ll be skiing Christmas Day.

meff

But our garage is really low and even though we only have an Outback (not really high) we can’t find a model that would allow us to drive into the garage with it on!
How low is the garage and what year outback?

PAabe

Some tech sensitive liner gloves. Seemed like a good idea, don't seem to work very well.
I have been using "hobo gloves" jersey gloves with the fingertips cut off. They fit under my mittens. Nice not just for skiing but handy to have your fingertips free, and they are surprisingly pretty warm still

Mum skier

How low is the garage and what year outback?
so we are able to drive into the garage with the new box installed and the garage door open. But I think the garage door cannot shut
2F40A932-E86C-4CAB-BC98-27413B145165.jpeg
The door closing mechanism (The banana shape bit) will “probably“ hit the box as it goes back. But we kept it anyway and are trying to make a change to the garage door.

meff

so we are able to drive into the garage with the new box installed and the garage door open. But I think the garage door cannot shut

The lowest profile we could find is the Thule Vector Alpine, looks like you have a Gen5 Outback looking at the roof rack, I don't think Thule's site says it can fit but it did fit fine on our old 2017. It also fits fine on our 2021, total height is around 6'8"-6'10" with it on.