• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Snow 12/5/06

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Date(s) Skied: Tuesday Dec 5th 9:00 to 2:00

Resort or Ski Area: Mt Snow

Conditions: crud/Cold with snow showers

Trip Report: My wife and I made the trip up Monday night and got a room in Bennington around 10:00. Got to Mt Snow around 8:45 got ready and headed up to the peak. I soon realized that it was not the best decision to where my spring jacket as the temp at the summit was 18 :blink:

Went over to the North Face and found Chute open. Chute had sweet conditions with some pow and lots of crud with huge wales of snow on skiers left from the guns. On that trail with the temp at 20 it sure felt like Feb as the guns went off late morning.

Skied chute most of the am and took a break around 11. After the break we decided to try the main face which had opened top to bottom by then. I don't recall the trail name but it was in much of the same condition as chute but without the pitch and lots of guns.

Decided to head back to chute and ski that untill we had to leave which was around 2pm. Crowds were a none issue as we skied right up to the chair everytime. By 2 our legs were pretty tired from skiing sweet crud conditions on our first day of the season but we weren't complaining. What a sweet first day out!!! Could not have asked for more.

Sorry no Pics do to when we arrived at Snow and got out of the car my camara fell off my wifes lap and onto the pavement. I did not think twice about it until I tried to take my first picture and found out the thing broke!! :angry:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Ah man, sucks about the camera, but I'm envious of your day. I spent all day drawing up data sheets for various ULC and SCC sprinkler tests. Bleh. I would much rather have been tearing up Sneaux with you.

Greg

Staff member
Nice. Feels good to get out, eh? Bummer about the camera. So.......what are you replacing it with? ;) The Canon Powershot A710-IS is NICE........