• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt. Snow 3/15/08

reefer

Unexpected Powder Day at Mt. Snow Saturday, especially since I was prepared to go at it even if it rained! A nice heavy 5" that skied like a lot more! All sitting there for first tracks! Cutting freshies most of the morning, and was still skiing fresh lines in the woods at closing! Trials were closed (when I checked early, never went back), otherwise they are 100%. There wasn't one bad trail on the hill today, and I moved around hitting pretty much every area at one point or another I Hope the new owners don't expect years like this all the time! I guess the rumor mill is they may stay open as late as possible and may give the Bush a run. First to open - last to close (in VT) would be something else. They have a great base everywhere and may be able to pull it off if the weather cooperates! Mt. Snow is as primed for the warm spring days as I've ever seen it!

Last edited:

MrMagic

nice im heading up tomarrow (tuesday) maybe some tracked out left in the glades

Mikey1

I was there Saturday as well and we spent a lot of time in the woods. I agree with you, they may be able to keep going for at least another 4-6 weeks.

drjeff

nice im heading up tomarrow (tuesday) maybe some tracked out left in the glades

Still some untracked left in the Glades on Monday, although the temp swing from Sunday afternoon (above freezing/mid-30's) to Monday AM (16 degrees when my family piled into the car to get breakfast at Dot's around 7:30AM) set up alot of the hill. Even when I left my place Monday PM around 4 to head back to CT, the temp was still only 30, with a decent North wind, so lets just say that softening didn't occur Monday ;)

Just be a little carefull in the trees as the icing events of the last couple weeks have taken down a fair numbers of both small and large limbs/debris

Last edited:

reefer

Just be a little carefull in the trees as the icing events of the last couple weeks have taken down a fair numbers of both small and large limbs/debris

Good point that I forgot to mentioon. It mixed things up a little with a few new "obstacles" in the woods. Looked like there were some good portions of trees that fell in a couple places.

drjeff

Good point that I forgot to mentioon. It mixed things up a little with a few new "obstacles" in the woods. Looked like there were some good portions of trees that fell in a couple places.

I know that a few of my favorites lines both in Sap Tapper and The Trials had me taking "evasive action" a couple of times this past weekend as I encountered some significant sized limbs down in areas that are usually wide open and clear :eek: