• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Music for the bumps.

MadPadraic

Sister Ray has always been my favorite song to listen to in the moguls. it has been a sad week for rock.

Anyone else have specific songs that they associate with certain types of trails?

crank

Old ZZ Top: Tush, La Grange, Heard It On the X.

jaytrem

Sister Ray has always been my favorite song to listen to in the moguls. it has been a sad week for rock.

You'll need a really long run for that one.

Not into the headphone thing, but in my head I tend to go with the heavier stuff. Overkill by Motorhead would be a good one.

Domeskier

I sometimes listen to music when skiing alone to offset the tedium of the chair ride up. When I'm actually skiing, I either cannot hear the music over the wind/ambient noise or I just tune it out, because when I get back on the chair I usually notice that I've missed a few tracks I was anticipating on the previous ride up. I guess I could experiment with turning up the volume....

I sometimes listen to music when skiing alone to offset the tedium of the chair ride up. When I'm actually skiing, I either cannot hear the music over the wind/ambient noise or I just tune it out, because when I get back on the chair I usually notice that I've missed a few tracks I was anticipating on the previous ride up. I guess I could experiment with turning up the volume....

yeah the trick is getting that sweet spot where you can hear the music as well as what's going on around you

bobbutts

They used to have loud music playing in the bumps at Okemo on Sel's Choice. Not sure if they still do.