• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My new bike, ready to hit the trails...!!

Greg

Staff member
Are you talking about toe cages and/or clipless? If so, you don't need them to bunny hop. I CAN NOT bunny hop yet.

You missed my sarcasm. And many more of you are missing Highway Gnar's failed attempt at humor. :roll:

;)

Grassi21

You missed my sarcasm. And many more of you are missing Highway Gnar's failed attempt at humor. :roll:

;)

Ok. I want a pic of HS on that bike for proof. And no weird pseudo-emo look on his face either. This could be a great photoshop contest.

Greg

Staff member
Ok. I want a pic of HS on that bike for proof. And no weird pseudo-emo look on his face either. This could be a great photoshop contest.

He'll need to include today's newspaper in the shot to prove it too. :lol: ;)

Grassi21

He'll need to include today's newspaper in the shot to prove it too. :lol: ;)

Cool. Let's make it happen. Maybe you can roll up North and take a vid to document the photo shoot.?

Highway Star

Highway Star

I guess the proper terminology would be bunny hop on a bike, but its the same principle as an ollie where you get the front of the bike up as high as you can then throw your weight forward, which flattens out the bike in the air while lifting the the back wheel off the ground. Baskets help, but are not necessary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOG87mTWa58&feature=related

I'm talking about hopping the bike up while moving, not while standing in one place. Why would anyone do that? He looks silly.

TheBEast

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm talking about hopping the bike up while moving, not while standing in one place. Why would anyone do that? He looks silly.

apply the same physics while you're moving. He was demonstrating while standing still so that easier for people to see the motion involved, which is exactly as I described. Get the front tire up as high as you can, thrust your weight forward and the bike flattens out lifting the back tire off the ground.

maybe you should stick to fruit booting if that's too difficult for you to figure out

Grassi21

Anyone know what the name of that song is in the soundtrack of that video? Got a nice funky beat to it!

Band/Group - Lo Fidelity Allstars
Song - Battleflag
Album - How to Operate with a Blown Mind

I downloaded that track after watching the vid a few times.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
At the Bush we sold off the rental fleet at the end of last summer, the heavy duty downhill bikes flew out the door at $600. We had Iron Horse, perfect timing in that the company recently went bellyup.

Waiting for the arrival of our new fleet of Rocky Mountain bikes. A decent dedicated downhill MTB start at $1800. With only 9 gears they are not good for anything else. :lol:

The Bush, kmart, Plattkill and Mt Snow have good reps for downhill biking. I hear alot of great things about a MTB park over in NH, Highland.
http://www.highlandmountain.com/

Highway Star

I need to go to walmart to buy a new rear tube and a pump. Anyone know what size I should get?

Highway Star

So I was able to get a new tube by reading the size off the tire, it was 26", just in case anyone was wondering. Got a couple pilers, took off the rear tire, took out the tube, etc, etc. Hour and a half later I was.ready to rock again.

I tried hopping while standing still but I couldn't balance, I'd just sort of fall over when I tried to stop. So I was trying to hop a can in the driveway, but couldn't clear it yet. It's really tough compensating for the suspension. I'll keep at it though.