• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nass 05/09/10

WoodCore

bvibert and I meet around 9am this morning at the soccer fields and proceeded to roll a real nice loop. We rode out around the Hatchery ponds, up to Stone and then over the bypass to Sessions, up the FKC and back to the cars. Even though we had to cut the ride a little short by riding down Miller Road, the loop still came in at a lengthy 12.3 miles with a healthy 2,717 feet of climbing. Not too shabby!

Definitely a cold one out there on the trails this morning, think the temp was around 40 when we started. It wasn't to bad when you where pedaling and sheltered from the wind as the sun was kinda warm but as soon as you got hit by the crazy wind gusts it got chilly in a hurry for sure.

Been riding over on this side of Nass a bunch this year and loving it. We rolled some single track for the first time today that totally eliminates almost all of the washed out DT climbing up to Stone Road. Anyway despite the recent rain the trails are riding incredible! Get out there if you can.

Here's our track.

http://www.crankfire.com/gps/track/8494/05-09-10_soccer_field

Some Pictures......

The Pines

IMG_9581.JPG

Fresh ST

IMG_9650.JPG

Snake!

IMG_9653.JPG

Last edited:

bvibert

Staff member
Excellent ride today. We'll have to do a similar route again soon, when there isn't time restrictions so we can add some more onto it! I cleared a couple of sections for the first time on the soccer field loop today, and also finally got that god damned rock on the fat kid climb. The problem is that I was so pumped for making it that I didn't pay enough attention and ran right into another rock after it. At least I got the SOB though, I will clear that whole thing this summer!