• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan - RAW - 2009-06-16

2knees

I wouldnt really know what constitutes good riding vs. bad riding but the pace seemed to me to be good. We all were in the same general time frame and i sufficiently managed to block woodcore and grassi from passing me on the uphills to further enhance that image.

WoodCore

I think everyone was riding well. I hope the pace and break locations/lengths were good. I like how Chris only needs 90 seconds or so and is then ready to get going again.

Pace and breaks where fine Greg, definitely more/longer than I'm used too but well appreciated. Looking at the GPS data I couldn't believe how much we actually ended up climbing yesterday. I guess it was a lot of little ups and downs but they sure did add up. Yesterday's ride with all the greasy wood and rocks was certainly a good one for working on balance for sure.

Greg

Staff member
Pace and breaks where fine Greg, definitely more/longer than I'm used too but well appreciated.

Likewise. That's one thing I've been trying to do more of this season, i.e. ride further without stopping as much. Tough to do over at Stone with a couple guys that don't know the trail network that well though. Was just trying to keep the group together. Brian and I will insist that you sign up for a marathon ride soon. :lol:

bvibert

Staff member
Nice video Woodcore, thanks! Too bad it makes the stuff that I thought was kinda bad-ass look easy. ;)

Greg

Staff member
Great video! I love watching the vids others put together. Nice editing and footage. Great job making a bunch of hacks look kinda cool, or maybe not... :roll: :lol:

2knees

nice job woodcore. But.... you shoulda left the whole carnage in from the one drop! everybody loves a good wipeout.

seriously though, thanks and great work.

o3jeff

Good video WC, I always thought those dirt jumps were a nice easy fun end to that ride, but Chris and Pat make them look pretty tough!

bvibert

Staff member
Good video WC, I always thought those dirt jumps were a nice easy fun end to that ride, but Chris and Pat make them look pretty tough!

The first one, that Grassi OTB'd on, was built up a bit more and had a little divot on the back side. The divot tried to suck your front tire in if you didn't clear it, as is evidenced by Grassi's spill.

2knees

Who hit the tree at the end?

yeah, that was fun. i just drifted off the lower kicker and when i landed, i was leaning into the drift and turned right into that tree.

put those little booters in an open area and you could really fly, but i'm finding that the trees and rocks become a bit of a nuisance.

Grassi21

The first one, that Grassi OTB'd on, was built up a bit more and had a little divot on the back side. The divot tried to suck your front tire in if you didn't clear it, as is evidenced by Grassi's spill.

yeah, what he said.... :lol:

JD

Website
hotmail.com
yeah, that was fun. i just drifted off the lower kicker and when i landed, i was leaning into the drift and turned right into that tree.

put those little booters in an open area and you could really fly, but i'm finding that the trees and rocks become a bit of a nuisance.

Looks like you're really going for it! You would really enjoy a bike with a better geometrey for that kind of thing. Looks like a fun ride.....let's see the raw footage of that other wipe out!?!?

2knees

Looks like you're really going for it! You would really enjoy a bike with a better geometrey for that kind of thing. Looks like a fun ride.....let's see the raw footage of that other wipe out!?!?

yeah, that bike isnt really suited for any real stuntery. the drop where woodcore cut out the finish, that was real rough with the hardtail. I pulled it off clean the first two times but for the sake of video, i went for it one more time with ugly results. Hitting that 3 times in about 5 minutes was a bit much on the body.