• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NCP into Southern Vermont on Thursday?

Greg

Staff member
The NWS is calling for R@!N and highs in the upper 40's all the way into southern Vermont for Thursday. :angry: I was hoping to get out that day. Come on weather nuts, tell me there's a chance that it'll be snow...

ChileMass

Yahoo weather says NCP all the way up to Sugarloaf on Thursday with freezing NCP and temps in the low 40s..........bummer.......

bvibert

Staff member
:angry: I was trying to ignore Thursday's forcast in the hopes that it would just go away, you guys aren't helping me in that effort ;) :x

thetrailboss

Staff member
GGGrrrreeeeaaaatttt. And guess who was going to ski on his way home for the holidays on Friday?

Oy, this has to stop! :-?

Big Game

Don't sweat it dudes. The Creator and I have a very intimate relationship. The latest word from up above is that the warm temps and precipitation will only exist simultaneously for a short period of time. Meaning that yes, there might be some sprinkles of un-remelted snow in a few parking lots, but the damage done to the base will be slight. In fact, after the cold front moves through and temperatures rapidly drop, we are going to have a lingering weather pattern that will bring daily between 2-5 inches (locally heavier) of the lightest giggly champagne powder you've ever tasted over the subsequent 5-7 days. There's not going not big that one big massive dump, but rather the slopes and woods will be replenished nearly daily between Christmas Eve and New Years with fresh blankets to for all the good boys and girls to enjoy.

Greg

Staff member
Big Game said:
Don't sweat it dudes. The Creator and I have a very intimate relationship. The latest word from up above is that the warm temps and precipitation will only exist simultaneously for a short period of time. Meaning that yes, there might be some sprinkles of un-remelted snow in a few parking lots, but the damage done to the base will be slight. In fact, after the cold front moves through and temperatures rapidly drop, we are going to have a lingering weather pattern that will bring daily between 2-5 inches (locally heavier) of the lightest giggly champagne powder you've ever tasted over the subsequent 5-7 days. There's not going not big that one big massive dump, but rather the slopes and woods will be replenished nearly daily between Christmas Eve and New Years with fresh blankets to for all the good boys and girls to enjoy.
I sure hope you're right. It's hard to believe that with temps struggling to get into double digits today, we could be looking at an NCP event Wednesday night. Gotta love New England! As long as the NCP is not steadily falling, I'm going to try to get out Thursday...

Vortex

Enjoy your turns, What are the alternative? Crowded malls, work I would rather ski in the mixed pecip that the alternatives. Pray for snow

B

beswift

Freezing Rain

Rain isn't so bad. Think about it. It won't be cold as it has been. There shouldn't be a croud on the slopes. Then again, the forecast might be wrong and it will snow, but the temps will have moderated.

highpeaksdrifter

Re: Freezing Rain

beswift said:
Rain isn't so bad. Think about it. It won't be cold as it has been. There shouldn't be a croud on the slopes. Then again, the forecast might be wrong and it will snow, but the temps will have moderated.

I thought about it, like you suggested and decided that rain sucks.

Greg

Staff member
Re: Freezing Rain

highpeaksdrifter said:
I thought about it, like you suggested and decided that rain sucks.
:lol: Agreed.

B

beswift

Rain.

Well, it looks like Friday will be cold with a slick surface to ski on. I'm going skiing, though. Certainly, it will be a lot less fun than skiing today, but I'm used to these minor disappointments. I'll spare you a lecture this time. :p

loafer89

I was just reading the NWS forecast discussion for northern Franklin County
(Sugarloaf) Maine. They are forecasting 1.0 - 1.5" of rain for thurday in friday,
yuck, double yuck and triple yuck. Whats even worse is that the next storm scheduled for the middle of next week, looks to be an inland runner also (meaning rain).

I think that Sugarloaf is not looking all the great for vacation in early January if this forecast holds true. That's really quite a shame as they have really great conditions right now. Vermont does not look like they will be in good shape after this storm.

I think we need an indian snow dance!!!!!

sledhaulingmedic

Light NCP @ K-mart yesterday afternoon. It was my last chance to go until after xmas.

Hopefully, the temps will turn and we'll get more usefull precip

Terry

NCP into southern Vermont

Got nothing but heavy rain here last night. Now the temp is starting to drop like a rock. Looks like it will be boilerplate this weekend! :cry: