• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Need help planning trip

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Thank you all for the great tips! I settled on Stowe for a Sunday-Saturday trip (5 days of skiing midweek). Found a decent lodge I think (Northern Lights) for $98/night incl. hot breakfast located on Mountain Road. I must say this forum is awesome-fast and plentiful responses compared to others I've joined.
Stick around, it only gets better once the season starts and all the Trip Reports start rolling in. :daffy:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Thank you all for the great tips! I settled on Stowe for a Sunday-Saturday trip (5 days of skiing midweek). Found a decent lodge I think (Northern Lights) for $98/night incl. hot breakfast located on Mountain Road. I must say this forum is awesome-fast and plentiful responses compared to others I've joined.

I lived in the town of Stowe for quite a while. That's a pretty fair deal for that property. The Northern Lights is pretty old school and dated, but has character and a decent pool. Very convenient to the mountain. There are a lot of old Austrian classic lodges in Stowe that are similar to that. I recommend going up to the Stowehof for a beer in their pub for a similar 'Innsbrook' feel.

As your trip dawns closer, feel free to ask questions regarding restaurants in town and how to approach the mountain. I and several other members of this forum have spent a good deal of time in Stowe.