• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New England Multi-mountain Season Passes

dlague

So what did you end up picking? Passes or not?

Cannonball and Puck it have pretty much convinced me that the Cannon Pass is the way to go!

However, we just got an email for Gunstock and it would cost us $1177. What is nice about that is - proximity, since Gunstock is 35 or so minutes from home we can night ski there or those missed days where something is going on later in the day - well we can hit it for the morning! On those black out days we do not have to drive far.

I know! Gunstock over Cannon? That translates into about $229 (based on a minimum 20 visits) in fuel savings since it is closer - more likely to eat at home as well.

Cannon vs Gunstock
Runs 73 vs 54
Lifts 10 vs 7
Acres 264ac vs 227ac
Summit 4079ft vs 2300ft
Vertical Drop 2180ft vs 1499ft
Base 1900ft vs 900ft

More than likely get the Cannon Pass!

VTKilarney

I would go with Gunstock and do the occasional deal elsewhere. I'm willing to bet that it will be MUCH easier to ski when you have a pass at a place that is so close to home.

HD333

dlague

I can say from experience that skiing Gunstock, while a great deal and a fun smaller mountain, will probably get old fast if you are an experienced skier/rider. But you could rack up the days pretty easy being so close and taking advantage of night skiing. And with the pass prices so low you have plenty of left over $ for road tripping.
We did it for years when the kids were small, it was fun enough but once they got good it was a little small. I have nothing but fond memories of Gunstock so please do not take it as a dig on them.

I like the Cannon/Bretton Woods/Cranmore combo. Cannon gives you the challenging terrain relatively close to Concord and BW gives you a longer season with decent fun terrain. Cranmore seems like a throw in, if nothing else you can hit Cranmore if you stay up in the Valley for the weekend on your way home from BW.

I have to say that of the pass/non-pass camps from reading your posts I would put you in the non-pass camp since it seems like you enjoy the hunt for the deals and the variety. Good luck with your decision.

dlague

dlague

I can say from experience that skiing Gunstock, while a great deal and a fun smaller mountain, will probably get old fast if you are an experienced skier/rider. But you could rack up the days pretty easy being so close and taking advantage of night skiing. And with the pass prices so low you have plenty of left over $ for road tripping.
We did it for years when the kids were small, it was fun enough but once they got good it was a little small. I have nothing but fond memories of Gunstock so please do not take it as a dig on them.

I like the Cannon/Bretton Woods/Cranmore combo. Cannon gives you the challenging terrain relatively close to Concord and BW gives you a longer season with decent fun terrain. Cranmore seems like a throw in, if nothing else you can hit Cranmore if you stay up in the Valley for the weekend on your way home from BW.

I have to say that of the pass/non-pass camps from reading your posts I would put you in the non-pass camp since it seems like you enjoy the hunt for the deals and the variety. Good luck with your decision.

Well, I have never bought a season pass before and this is way out of my norm of skiing all over the place for sure! The idea of skiing a single ski area and maybe a handful of others seems like a tough pill to swallow! So I struggle. My wife wants to get the Cannon, Wateville, BW and Cranmore pass primarily for the variety and options on those colder windy days at Cannon!

VTKilarney

Having never skied Gunstock before, that description was very helpful. Go for the Cannon/BW/Waterville/Cranmore pass. It's not going to be easy to be bored at Cannon. And there is something to be said for getting to know a mountain like it's the back of your hand.

HD333

Well, I have never bought a season pass before and this is way out of my norm of skiing all over the place for sure! The idea of skiing a single ski area and maybe a handful of others seems like a tough pill to swallow! So I struggle. My wife wants to get the Cannon, Wateville, BW and Cranmore pass primarily for the variety and options on those colder windy days at Cannon!

I forgot WV was on that pass, even better reason to get it, and with 4 mountains it is a good way to ease yourself in to being tied to a pass.

VTKilarney

I forgot WV was on that pass, even better reason to get it, and with 4 mountains it is a good way to ease yourself in to being tied to a pass.
What's nice about that pass is that the mountains are fairly different. That alone will contribute to the feeling of diversity.

Brad J

I would go with Cannon , at least there is plenty of real skiing there.

Savemeasammy

If you get the 4 mountain pass, you will probably be less inclined to ski anywhere else because you will feel like you need to get your money's worth. If you get just the cannon pass, you will get a reasonable payback and still be able to ski around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cannonball

My wife wants to get the Cannon, Wateville, BW and Cranmore pass primarily for the variety and options on those colder windy days at Cannon!

Just to play devil's advocate: the cost difference between the Superpass and the Cannon only pass is huge. Especially with your military status and NH residency. So you could buy Cannon passes and set aside the remaining difference for going elsewhere without necessarily being tied to those 3 other mtns.

dlague

Plus we can ski BW on Sundays with my brother-in-law for $25!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

xwhaler

Dlague.......u still gonna be involved with RSNE or not as much? U should get Jeff to affiliate with Cannon! Do some PBR specials for the apres parties

dlague

Dlague.......u still gonna be involved with RSNE or not as much? U should get Jeff to affiliate with Cannon! Do some PBR specials for the apres parties

Yes I will continue to do the Saturdays for the most part! He can not do PBR because he is sponsored by Harpoon, hence what we drink quite a bit on those Saturdays! PBR is a beer for when I am thirsty! He has tried to get Cannon but to no avail.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Puck it

Get Cannon and you can ski with Cannonball and me. We have a get indoctrination routine for you.

JDMRoma

Get Cannon and you can ski with Cannonball and me. We have a get indoctrination routine for you.

Hahahaa...Yes they do :) Coming from an X Superpass Holder now inducted into the Cannon only pass !!

Im already looking forward to next season !