• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Killington rumor.....

Steeze... I'm there IF they open.... Just need the word and 10 mins to toss my shit in the car / kiss the wife and kids goodbye...

If Killington made a decision about their opening we could iron things out...my Plan is..

If they announce a Saturday openings:

I'm picking up Toast and Atomic Jeff in Bethlehem at around 2PM driving to Rutvegas..getting a suite somewhere..and getting posted up like a thumbtack..skiing Saturday..Sirloin Saloon or the sushi place Saturday night..getting post up like a thumbtack..skiing Sunday AM..back to PA..

If they only open on Sunday..then I would modify plans and just stay one night..anyway..$125 a night for a suite at the Rutland-Killington Best Western isn't bad..and Phillycore..you are welcome to stay with us up there if things pan out..I just see the fact that you live 70 miles out of the way as a bump in the logistics and if I lived where you lived..driving up my way before going to VT seems way out of the way..just my inflation adjusted 2-cents.

Phillycore

Can't imagine this is the kind of shit they want with their name in it...

I'd put them on my skip list after this for sure...

Can't imagine this is the kind of shit they want with their name in it...

I'd put them on my skip list after this for sure...

Why can't Mount Snow or Okemo step up to the plate I'm not talking about a beginner jibhonk picnic table bonk shred butterbox grindage fest..just one run..

The Sneak

someone on kzone is saying its "because a pump failed and upper mtn snowmaking is on hold. If they can't fix it within a few hrs, they won't have enough time to make snow before the weekend."

hmmm.

Ya think Mt Snow is gonna make a push?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Why can't Mount Snow or Okemo step up to the plate I'm not talking about a beginner jibhonk picnic table bonk shred butterbox grindage fest..just one run..

doubt you'll ever see that from Okemo. They've been pretty consistent for years in shooting for either the second or third weekend in November. But once they go, they go and open up terrain as fast or faster than anywhere.

I'm skiing this weekend for sure..I'm prepared to drive to Sunday River to ski Saturday and Sunday..my decision will be made at Noon tomorrow where I'm going..sitting around in the mild fall weather here in PA another weekend would be utter torture..I need to hit the road..because Life is a Highway!!!!

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I'm skiing this weekend for sure..I'm prepared to drive to Sunday River to ski Saturday and Sunday..my decision will be made at Noon tomorrow where I'm going..sitting around in the mild fall weather here in PA another weekend would be utter torture..I need to hit the road..because Life is a Highway!!!!

Just heard that tune on the tube. You got NBC on? :)

deadheadskier

Staff member
You could always cruise up to Huntah. I thought I read that 180 will be there this weekend building a kicker at the base. Hike for turns up top than catch some air at the bottom. SR is a long ass drive for WROD that's not guaranteed to be more than 750 vert. I'd have to think you'd be lucky to make it there in under 8 hours. I know when I lived in Portland, it was 5.5 to Newark and 1.5 to the River. From your area, I'd guess 8.5 hours IF you don't catch NYC area traffic. They're not promising top to bottom, but did say they'd try like hell.

You could always cruise up to Huntah. I thought I read that 180 will be there this weekend building a kicker at the base. Hike for turns up top than catch some air at the bottom. SR is a long ass drive for WROD that's not guaranteed to be more than 750 vert. I'd have to think you'd be lucky to make it there in under 8 hours. I know when I lived in Portland, it was 5.5 to Newark and 1.5 to the River. From your area, I'd guess 8.5 hours IF you don't catch NYC area traffic. They're not promising top to bottom, but did say they'd try like hell.

I just want to ski..8.5 hours of driving is better than 8.5 hours surfing the net..and better than flying to Colorado for a WROD..I'm try to ski every chance I get..that's how I logged 119 days two season ago..

750 vert is fine with me..I can ski it 30-40 times..

deadheadskier

Staff member
750 vert is fine with me..I can ski it 30-40 times..

apparently, you're not familiar with the Locke Mountain triple :lol: Actually, maybe you could ski the top of it 30 times in a full day

I respect your passion steeze though for pulling out all the stops and getting out there as much as you can.