• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New ske area for NH

Jully

A 250 foot magic carpet will be constructed to accommodate the 60,000-square-feet ski area,” Scott McPhie, city planner, wrote in a staff report to the Planning Board. “No snowmaking is proposed.

Interesting. Sounds exceptionally small haha.

Mapnut

I found it on the topo, just west of Exit 1 off Route 3. The potential vertical is 40 feet. Good north exposure, already cleared.

Savemeasammy

This sounds completely useless they plan to cater to park rats.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

AdironRider

60000 square feet is like an acre and half. Is this someone's back yard?

chuckstah

i used to live right down the street from there. It would be tiny. But I'd rather see an area opening than another one closing. It's not much more than a backyard.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Move over Stowe, the East's most ritzy base village is coming to Nashau, NH...

The ski area will operate from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. daily, and will utilize existing parking within the development. An office trailer and Porta-Potty will also sit on the site, according to the proposed plans on file at Nashua City Hall.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
The place is called Roby Park and it is part of the Nashua Dept. of Parks. The city maintains a small ice skating rink there.

The hill is accurately described as 40' of vertical and has been used for years by sleds, toboggans and snow boarders. The snowboarders would set up mostly small jumps. The city did own a couple of snow guns which they used for a season or two. I don't know if they still have them.

It is an easy hill to walk up. I can't imagine why they would waste the money on a Carpet that will probably be vandalized over the summer.

Aside to Chuckstah: I too lived a few blocks from Roby Park until a few years ago. Were we neighbors?

chuckstah

Joshua, I lived at Royal Crest off exit one about 10 years ago when we first moved to NH from MA. I could not imagine a successful ski area at this location, but hope for the best. No lift needed is right!

mriceyman

Park rats would probably love it if they can build a couple nice features or get a mountain to build for them

Jully

Ward Hill has 220 vertical. That become a mega-mountain compared with 40'

Yeah, thats the main issue with this place. It makes anything previously called a tiny hill seem huge. Bradford, Blandford, Nashoba, its not even close. Whens the HSQ going in?

dlague

This sounds completely useless they plan to cater to park rats.

I have always wondered about this concept. Creating parks on local hills for small dollars seems like it could be a repeatable model. Heck could possibly snow flex the place and stay open during the summer.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app