• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Ski's !!

JDMRoma

Well after day four on the Rossi's, I decided I LOVE them ! When I came in to return them
at the place I rented I asked what it would cost to buy……$450 plus shipping of $52.
They were rented a total of 6 days, 4 of them were by Me ….So I went for it !!
Not a bad price considering……and yes included bindings !
Day 4 in the Tree's at Steamboat….Full report coming soon…….just got back from Apres ski…open bar 4 Stella's later and Im into my own Stella's at the condo.
So after 4 days, I totally LOVE my Rossi Soul7s….Fucking LOVE !!!

Edd

Man, sounds like an awesome trip all around! Never came back from a western trip with new boards.

Bene288

Soul 7's?

Guess I missed that last sentence. I've heard great things about those skis. I'm hoping they have some at Gore's demo day Sunday. I don't need another pair of wide skis, but they sound like great boards. Light as a feather!

twinplanx

Well after day four on the Rossi's, I decided I LOVE them ! When I came in to return them
at the place I rented I asked what it would cost to buy……$450 plus shipping of $52.
They were rented a total of 6 days, 4 of them were by Me ….So I went for it !!
Not a bad price considering……and yes included bindings !

Did they subtract the rental fee? I have honestly never considered purchasing skis from a rental "fleet". At least not this early in the season, I have purchased gentlely used planx at the end of the season. I don't think it would even cross my mind to ask a shop to sell me there rentals, unless that option was clearly stated somewhere. Glad you were able to lock down something you obviously like so much. Just curious for some more details :)

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

JDMRoma

Yes the subtracted the 4 days rental,I was the second person on them and they really didn't have a mark on them when I picked them out on Last Sunday. I asked them just when I brought them back, just for the hell of it.They had to call their main store and ask as they were already told that Rossignol wouldn't be getting them anymore this season…I was very surprised.
Just hope we get some powder when I get back home :)

deadheadskier

Staff member
How much was the rental fee per day? It would have to be VERY high to balance things out and make the deal you got anything but fantastic. I think most people would be hard pressed to find Soul 7 skis alone for $550 new without bindings. So, to get a set that's only 6 days old with bindings for $450 is a complete no brainer, especially if you really like them.

JDMRoma

Id have to check again but it was around $42 a day for the Demo Package, I pre ordered on Line and got a 20% discount in September….it should have been in the 50's….

gostan

Congrats! I am still waiting to get mine out at Sugarbush in 2014. What type of demo bindings are on your Soul's?

drjeff

Congrats! And since they have demo bindings on them, PLEASE remember to either lock them or ski check them every single time that you head into the lodge! Demo bindings make it real easy for any a$$hole that wants to walk off with the pair of skis to use them! :mad: :uzi:

MadMadWorld

Congrats! And since they have demo bindings on them, PLEASE remember to either lock them or ski check them every single time that you head into the lodge! Demo bindings make it real easy for any a$$hole that wants to walk off with the pair of skis to use them! :mad: :uzi:

How so?

twinplanx

Id have to check again but it was around $42 a day for the Demo Package, I pre ordered on Line and got a 20% discount in September….it should have been in the 50's….

Wow! Sounds like you got a wicked awesome deal there :) Next time I am in the market for some new skis I will definitely consider this shopping strategy ;-)

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

jimmywilson69

I wonder if his deal included "non rental" bindings vs just getting the skis as is?

JDMROMA, can you comment on which bindings your new skis will have?

AWESOME deal by the way...

JDMRoma

they are the rental / Demo bindings, Rossi 14s
I will be locking them, I was super paranoid when I went in for my short breaks.
So once home, they will be locked !
On the deal, I just got lucky…had no idea that It would have worked out like that…can't wait to get them home !
Now comes the hard part, which ski do I sell….My AC50s or My Gotama's…..

gostan

they are the rental / Demo bindings, Rossi 14s
I will be locking them, I was super paranoid when I went in for my short breaks.
So once home, they will be locked !
On the deal, I just got lucky…had no idea that It would have worked out like that…can't wait to get them home !
Now comes the hard part, which ski do I sell….My AC50s or My Gotama's…..
Remove the demo bindings! You will never relax or enjoy yourself on the Soul 7's!!

skiNEwhere

Where did you demo them from? I'm in CO and the couple rental places I've checked don't demo rossi's

JDMRoma

Where did you demo them from? I'm in CO and the couple rental places I've checked don't demo rossi's
I rented them from Steamboat Ski and Bike Kare, right next to One Steamboat place up on the Mountain….they were good to deal with.
I had originally requested the Dynastar Cham 107 High Mountains, I skied them my first morning and they suggested I try the Soul7s….the rest was History :)

Bene288

I demoed these skis at Gore after reading this thread. Conditions were granular with ice, lots of ice. Being so wide, I didn't think this ski would handle so well on east coast conditions. It must truly shine in the powder. Congrats!