• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New storm on the way

tnt1234

Always wanted to try Bruce ...how does it compare in steepness / difficulty to, say, Goat ?

it's less steep than goat. I think there is one steep pitch called 'elevator'. But it's hardly a blip. It's narrow in spots. And if teh snow is crusty or icy, its a ball buster, but with good snow it's a delight.

Kleetus

To echo others on here. Whiteface was spectacular this weekend. Soft snow abounded, event today. Picks were Cloudspin and all the glades.

Slides opened today also for a brief window. Had to have avvy gear and was after I left, but was told from a friend they were awesome.

parahelia

Sunday River didn’t get the same backside accumulations of NNY/NVT, but the frontside of the storm delivered, especially higher up. Woods were the best they’ve been all year and there were still fresh tracks to be had today, several days after the main event. Patrol said they were parking people in the last lot today, but with everything open, people just melted into the terrain and it didn’t feel crowded.

My legs are beat.
13fb2e3bf5128859f4feda09b4efafbd.jpg

d4c18bdd5ea51ac417fa1c8f62cb405a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abc

Today at Stowe was again awesome. Less people too.

Wind was fierce, despite not in the forecast. Cold too with the windchill. But the strong wind rearranged the dry snow from yesterday and dump a shitload of it on the open trails. Easily 2-4” in some places.

Groomers were great. Bump troughs were all filled in. Lapped Liftline several times. I just couldn’t tear myself away. So deep and so soft, delightful!

Second day again I skipped lunch. Didn’t even stop for warming or nibble food. Just a couple of quick bathroom and water breaks. It’s almost like skiing out west! (except there’s no sun, and the cold)

Cornhead

Sunday River didn’t get the same backside accumulations of NNY/NVT, but the frontside of the storm delivered, especially higher up. Woods were the best they’ve been all year and there were still fresh tracks to be had today, several days after the main event. Patrol said they were parking people in the last lot today, but with everything open, people just melted into the terrain and it didn’t feel crowded.

My legs are beat.
13fb2e3bf5128859f4feda09b4efafbd.jpg

d4c18bdd5ea51ac417fa1c8f62cb405a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It wasn't typical backside accumulation, it was lake effect off Ontario generated by the cold, strong winds on the backside, you're welcome.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

Glenn

Stratton skied really well yesterday. Good snow, plenty of sunshine and not many people in the afternoon. The snow they received earlier in the week helped.

Zand

While it's not the powder frenzy that the northlands had over the weekend, Killington is really damn sweet today.

Edd

I’m at Cranmore today, and am stunned by how good conditions are. I figured that rain last week would have killed them but learned they got some backside snow. Some trails were cream cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Edd

Looks like the MWV dodged the forecasted overnight rain. Spring day at Wildcat on tap!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone