• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New York Mets

FRITOLAYGUY

Its like watching 2 opposites, the Philly fans are out of control, with their white terrible towels and selling out the place, standing on just about every pitch for a strikeout, Shea is half full and the Mets fans are sitting on their hands, GEEZ people get up when u get 2 strikes and root for your team, im sorry to say theres no Passion in Shea, im rooting for the Phillies, they would be fun in the playoffs and they just want it more right now. I hope they tie and play the 1 game playoff in Philly, i guess Jimmy Rollins was right in the beginning of the year.

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
Uh-oh . . .

I am one of the most diehard Mets fans you'll ever meet . . .

But it does NOT look good for this team.

Reyes is Garbage. They can't get a win off of Byung-Hung Kim, who can they get a win off of?

The problem isn't the fans . . . Every game, they come to the ballpark ready to cheer, but every game, the Mets fall behind early, and can never get back into it.

Before tonight, I was ready. I wore my David Wright jersey and Mets hat to work to spark some fire, but I'm not the one playing. Perez hits two straight guys with the bases loaded? One of which is Mike Jacobs (former Met) who he previously struck out on 3 pitches? Come ON. And why does Willy keep putting in David Newhan? That guy should be playing Single A ball . . . I've been with the Mets through some hard times, but nothing as seriously dissapointing as this.

I thought they needed at least 2 out of three against the Marlins to have a good shot at Making the post season. That means they need to win tomorrow, and they need to win on Sunday against Willis.

THEN, they need to pitch Pedro in the one game playoff against Philly on Monday (if that's what pans out ) which looks likely if they can win two.

They need two . . . They have to have a huge weekend. . . Otherwise, my fall is going to be consumed with rooting against the Yankees.

Dr Skimeister

From today's NY Times....

"Do you know what it’s like
To be chased by the Ghost of Failure
While staring through Victory’s door?
Of course you do, you’re a Mets fan"
FRANK MESSINA, the self-proclaimed Mets Poet.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I'm right there with you...feel your pain....I'm black and blue all over....but dont' forget these are the Amazin's .....Just think about Bill Buckner's 4-hole.....sliding right through like a fast slap shot through a hockey goalie.... As yogi said...It ain't over till its over. Keep the faith, oh weary Met's fans.... Oh and pray to Ullr.....or whoever else you might revere as a God!

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Only a Red Sox fan can truly understand a Mets Fan pain ...

I will forever be beholding to Bill Buckner, thank you! :lol:

If any of you were alive, can you remember where you were when the Amazings won that first World Series. I was in Putney, Vt, had to go to class, Mets were behind, as I was walking back to my dorm, my friends came running out hooping and holloring about 100 yards away. I knew we won, what a moment, what a shock to the world! The previous year they had finished 9th. Jerry Grote, Ray Knight, Don Clendenon, Tom Seaver, Jerry Koosman, Ed Kranepool, Nolan Ryan......

Last edited:

Dr Skimeister

I'd rather the Mets won it outright . . .

Then they could start Pedro in Game one of the divisional series. . . .

Oh, I agree. The Phillies owned the Mets in the regular season. A playoff game in the Phillies' yard would be a tough game for the Mets.

A Monday playoff would mean Pedro pitches that game, then it becomes Pelfry or Lawrence for game one of the Division Series should the Mets win that. Not an ideal situation......

Mets need to win today with out taxing the bullpen and hope the Nats send the Phils home.

marcski

Oh, I agree. The Phillies owned the Mets in the regular season. A playoff game in the Phillies' yard would be a tough game for the Mets.

A Monday playoff would mean Pedro pitches that game, then it becomes Pelfry or Lawrence for game one of the Division Series should the Mets win that. Not an ideal situation......

Mets need to win today with out taxing the bullpen and hope the Nats send the Phils home.

I totally agree Skimeister....I'm hoping Glavine will come up BIG!

marcski

I will forever be beholding to Bill Buckner, thank you! :lol:

If any of you were alive, can you remember where you were when the Amazings won that first World Series. I was in Putney, Vt, had to go to class, Mets were behind, as I was walking back to my dorm, my friends came running out hooping and holloring about 100 yards away. I knew we won, what a moment, what a shock to the world! The previous year they had finished 9th. Jerry Grote, Ray Knight, Don Clendenon, Tom Seaver, Jerry Koosman, Ed Kranepool, Nolan Ryan......

Ray Knight? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're off with him by 17 years.

Hopefully the Metz lose today and the Phillies win...or if they both lose or win..the Phillies beat the Metz tomorrow...it should be some exciting baseball this afternoon

FRITOLAYGUY

Well i think the email i received yesterday from the Mets just about sums up their season, lol.

Dear Mets Fan:

Thank you for participating in the online random drawing for the opportunity to purchase tickets for potential 2007 Mets postseason games scheduled to be played at Shea Stadium.

While your entry was not selected to purchase tickets for potential National League Championship Series games, you do remain registered for random drawings for opportunities to purchase tickets for potential 2007 World Series games scheduled to be played at Shea, should the Mets participate, and for any additional Championship Series drawings.

Thank you again for your participation.

Woo hoo go Phillies..man I should have put a few dollars on todays game....wowser...it's been 14 years since the Phillies have been in the Playoffs..