• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Next years Pass Prices

4aprice

Found out last weekend that the price of the pass we've had for the last 10 year is going up almost 10% even with the early purchase date. I've been on the fence about renewing as our habits will be changing with both kids out of the house for the time being. This price increase is probably the straw that breaks the Camels (No pun intended being Camelback) back and will probably go without unless I find a good multi-mountain pass I want. Certainly means a drop in day #'s but looking forward to the variety. Look forward to hearing about other passes.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Cornhead

Our pass is going up 33%, from $299 to $399, Greek Peak. The new owners did drop the price for their inaugural year however. The new price will be higher than the last year of the old owners. Improvements have been made, new lift, groomer, snowmaking, remodeled bar/restaurant. We were spoiled with $199 season passes my first five years or so of skiing.

VTKilarney

I emailed Burke Mountain yesterday to ask when their 2014/2015 passes would be offered for sale. It's been about 29 hours and I have yet to receive a response.

deadheadskier

Staff member
No price announcement on the Granite Pass. If I had to guess, probably in the neighborhood of $650.

Early bird season pass price for Crotched is $419.

Not sure what my plan is. I might go back to being "homeless" and just buy various discount cards.

steamboat1

My mountain usually doesn't announce pass pricing until sometime late March early April for the following season. Last year they raised my pass by $30, first increase in 5 years. Other things were added to the pass which more than offset the higher price (10% discount on food, free insurance).

xwhaler

No price announcement on the Granite Pass. If I had to guess, probably in the neighborhood of $650.

Not sure what my plan is. I might go back to being "homeless" and just buy various discount cards.

Have u ever considered the Ragged pass with Dartmouth $50 upgrade? When I was at the Skiway in December there was a sign in the lodge advertising for this which included Ragged unlimited, and S6/Middlebury weekdays along with a couple token Mass bumps. Must be part of some loose/unofficial alliance.
It's a haul for u to ever really take regular advantage of the upgrade but I know u go up to VT on occasion so could be worthwhile even if u only used a few times.

If one lived in the upper valley area and got in early enough on the pass pricing ($499+50 IIRC) it seems like a nice value.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app

Quietman

Curious, do you remember what last year's early bird pricing was?

Thanks!

Tin

I emailed Burke Mountain yesterday to ask when their 2014/2015 passes would be offered for sale. It's been about 29 hours and I have yet to receive a response.

I left a douchey comment on their lift ticket deal advertisement on Facebook about trying to fix their PR nightmare last night and it is still there. They just don't care.

4aprice

Have u ever considered the Ragged pass with Dartmouth $50 upgrade? When I was at the Skiway in December there was a sign in the lodge advertising for this which included Ragged unlimited, and S6/Middlebury weekdays along with a couple token Mass bumps. Must be part of some loose/unofficial alliance.
It's a haul for u to ever really take regular advantage of the upgrade but I know u go up to VT on occasion so could be worthwhile even if u only used a few times.

If one lived in the upper valley area and got in early enough on the pass pricing ($499+50 IIRC) it seems like a nice value.

Whaleback should jump into that alliance. That would be a pretty cool pass if I lived up there. What were the Mass bumps? Get Magic to join it and I'm sold :smile:

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

xwhaler

Totally agree on that. I'd actually give real consideration to that pass. Mass bumps I wanna say were Ski Ward and Blandford maybe? I never saw the mtns other than ragged/skiway mentioned online but it was there as a midweek option

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member

I had a season pass at Ragged for the 2009-2010 and 2010 - 2011 seasons. I'm not sure if they offered that deal back then. I doubt it, as for an additional $50 it seems like a no brainer even if you only get to Dartmouth, MBS and SS once each. I would have jumped on that deal.

For me, it's always a balancing act between having an inexpensive quick hit local option under 90 minutes from home and the financial flexibility to hit other more desirable places at a distance. With perfect driving conditions, Ragged is right at that 90 minute mark; Crotched 80 and Gunstock 70. When conditions are like they are right now, Crotched is my favorite of the three areas. Exceptionally underrated off map options; when there's snow, far superior to Ragged's glades. Such a big gamble on weather though as without the side country in play, the place gets pretty boring after a couple of hours. Same goes for Ragged and Gunstock and their natural terrain offerings.

The biggest deterrent for me hopping on any spring season pass deals is I'll be graduating school in May and will have a completely different career where I'm unsure of what my work schedule will be. My days off might end up being midweek, so I could snap up a midweek pass or two for cheap. Won't know until probably July by the time I sort everything out with getting my X-ray license and diving into that job market.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Curious, do you remember what last year's early bird pricing was?

Thanks!

I don't. I'm finishing up a new degree and grabbed a Granite College Pass this year for $260; perhaps the best value I've ever paid for a season pass in my adult life. Graduate in May. I won't miss school; but I'll certainly miss that pass price!!!

Tin

I won't miss school; but I'll certainly miss that pass price!!!

Register for 3 classes in a local community college for the 9 credit minimum, print schedule and enrollment verification to purchase the pass, then drop classes before school starts to not get billed. lol

They asked Erika for only an enrollment letter when she picked up her pass.

dlague

We have been doing the various discount cards thing for years! With four boys and my wife and I it was the only way to go! We like the VT ski 3 pass to ski Stowe, Killington and Sugarbush for less than half price. The Fox 44 Card averages out pretty well. Ski Club Days are good, RSNE card is good for half price skiing on Saturdays fro beginning do Jan to late March. The ski shows offer 3 and 4 paks that are priced well too! There are lots of options and you can ski lots of great mountains and variety!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

xwhaler

I may buy 2 Fox 44 cards next yr instead of 1 plus 3 vt ski passes. The VT ski passes only seem like a tremendous value if you use at Stowe, Bush or K as dlague mentioned above. Perhaps replacing ski VT 3 with Fox 44 for effectively the same price gives me more options both to use on ny own and trade when I'm done using the card

dlague

I may buy 2 Fox 44 cards next yr instead of 1 plus 3 vt ski passes. The VT ski passes only seem like a tremendous value if you use at Stowe, Bush or K as dlague mentioned above. Perhaps replacing ski VT 3 with Fox 44 for effectively the same price gives me more options both to use on ny own and trade when I'm done using the card

Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

deadheadskier

Staff member
We have been doing the various discount cards thing for years! With four boys and my wife and I it was the only way to go! We like the VT ski 3 pass to ski Stowe, Killington and Sugarbush for less than half price. The Fox 44 Card averages out pretty well. Ski Club Days are good, RSNE card is good for half price skiing on Saturdays fro beginning do Jan to late March. The ski shows offer 3 and 4 paks that are priced well too! There are lots of options and you can ski lots of great mountains and variety!

When I first moved to NH for 08-09 season, I joined a ski club and bought passes through them, got the RSNE card and two VT 3 packs. It worked out real well.

xwhaler; I was unaware you can buy 2 fox44 cards. That's actually a really good idea. Just wish there were more NH options on the deal other than Cannon.

xwhaler

I also don't like that u can't use 2 ski VT vouchers in 1 visit to get 2 tix.....makes them more limiting when going with others

Most of my favorite mtns in VT I can find deals to get the price/day under the $42/day that ski VT is

MadMadWorld

My mountain usually doesn't announce pass pricing until sometime late March early April for the following season. Last year they raised my pass by $30, first increase in 5 years. Other things were added to the pass which more than offset the higher price (10% discount on food, free insurance).

Killington has the highest food prices of any mountain I've ever been to.

MadMadWorld

Register for 3 classes in a local community college for the 9 credit minimum, print schedule and enrollment verification to purchase the pass, then drop classes before school starts to not get billed. lol

They asked Erika for only an enrollment letter when she picked up her pass.

That's the skiing version of Extreme Couponing. Well played!