• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

North Conway info

2Planker

Not "authentic" for sure, BUT after working in Central America for 8+ yearsI will say that Noche IS pretty good

These are all just opinions but, if you're picky about Mexican food being authentic or tasty, I would avoid these places like the plague.

I'll rock the Sunshine Shack all day, though.

yeggous

I'm amazed by the diversity of opinions presented here. It's no secret that I spend every weekend in North Conway so I've developed some strong opinions of my own. On that same note, if anyone is ever looking for an affordable place to stay for the night in North Conway, I'm happy to have you as a guest at my ski club. We have a 21-bedroom house and members are welcome to have guests. It's adults only, but you'll never be wanting for someone to ski, eat, or drink with.

Some restaurant thoughts...

Pizza:
Flatbread is the best in town. Yes, it is a chain.
Boston Brothers is a solid option
Elvios is (was?) garbage. I haven't eaten from there in a few years, but have not had positive experiences.
Shannon Door... lots of people like it but I don't. It's just a place to get drinks and can be a circus.

Mexican:
Cafe Noche is a bit out of the way but solid.
Fiesta Jalisco is my choice.
Margarita Grill is overpriced and too hippy / organic / gently hugged food for me.

Other:
Moat is excellent. Diverse food, good beer, affordable. But crowded.
McGrath's food is hit or miss depending on what you order. It's typically quiet which makes it a great option on busy weekends.
Delaney's is always a solid choice, but very busy.
May Kelly's is cute and dependable, and less busy than Delaney's next door.
Red Parka is all about the atmosphere. It's the best ski bar in town for late night entertainment. Meal time is way too family friendly for me.
Red Fox is good for dinner, but Sunday brunch is mediocre and way too busy. Kids everywhere.

Breakfast:
Sunrise Shack in Glen is by far the best option in town.
Yesterday's in Jackson is my Plan B.
Stairway Cafe is the best option in North Conway proper.

2Planker

Allgood recs !

I've never had a good meal @ McGrath's...
Prefer Delaney's, or Sea Dog. Muddy Moose is consistent, but can be crowded.
Moat is excellent, but also crowded
Peaches isn't my style (prefer Diners), but people do like it

Also like Bea's Cafe in Conway for Brkfst.

Bring back the Hot Dog place downtown....

prsboogie

Well, you know what they say opinions are like...
but seriously, there are a lot of good options and it all depends on what your expectations and prior experience is. That's why they make vanilla and chocolate! 😁

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

snoseek

I'm amazed by the diversity of opinions presented here. It's no secret that I spend every weekend in North Conway so I've developed some strong opinions of my own. On that same note, if anyone is ever looking for an affordable place to stay for the night in North Conway, I'm happy to have you as a guest at my ski club. We have a 21-bedroom house and members are welcome to have guests. It's adults only, but you'll never be wanting for someone to ski, eat, or drink with.

Some restaurant thoughts...

Pizza:
Flatbread is the best in town. Yes, it is a chain.
Boston Brothers is a solid option
Elvios is (was?) garbage. I haven't eaten from there in a few years, but have not had positive experiences.
Shannon Door... lots of people like it but I don't. It's just a place to get drinks and can be a circus.

Mexican:
Cafe Noche is a bit out of the way but solid.
Fiesta Jalisco is my choice.
Margarita Grill is overpriced and too hippy / organic / gently hugged food for me.

Other:
Moat is excellent. Diverse food, good beer, affordable. But crowded.
McGrath's food is hit or miss depending on what you order. It's typically quiet which makes it a great option on busy weekends.
Delaney's is always a solid choice, but very busy.
May Kelly's is cute and dependable, and less busy than Delaney's next door.
Red Parka is all about the atmosphere. It's the best ski bar in town for late night entertainment. Meal time is way too family friendly for me.
Red Fox is good for dinner, but Sunday brunch is mediocre and way too busy. Kids everywhere.

Breakfast:
Sunrise Shack in Glen is by far the best option in town.
Yesterday's in Jackson is my Plan B.
Stairway Cafe is the best option in North Conway proper.

Wait-Elvios garbage?

I've not been in maybe four years but I'm a bit of a pizza enthusiast and used to really love this place. They sold the one in Lincoln, I had whatever that is called now last summer and thought it was still good.....

xwhaler

We used to have a condo up near Attitash for 8 yrs and since have spent a lot of time in the valley.
Some of my favorites:
Red Parka Pub-as mentioned best late night hangout. They bring in some great bands and its a cool authentic ski bar. Before the tragic Station nightclub fire they used to pack folks in there so tight...quite the atmosphere.

Red Fox--great spot to bring kids and quality food.

Moat---what everyone else has said, top notch

Sunrise Shack---breakfast bowls are incredible....get there early or late or you may be waiting a while

Shovel Handle Pub---great atmosphere but the service sucked last time I went and the food was only marginal. If someone tells me things have improved I'd give it another shot because it is a really cool space.

Want to try:
Joseph's Spaghetti Shed in Glen

prsboogie

Want to try:
Joseph's Spaghetti Shed in Glen

This is one place I will say emphatically NOT to go to. The food was disgusting, Prego out of the jar is better then the marinara and the alfredo was white water.

Edd

This is one place I will say emphatically NOT to go to. The food was disgusting, Prego out of the jar is better then the marinara and the alfredo was white water.

LOL. We walked there once in a blizzard because it's close to a friend's cabin. I don't remember it being good or bad either way. We don't go because there are so many other options.

We enjoy calling it "Joseph's" because it sounds classier.

xwhaler

LOL okay good to know...reviews on Yelp and otherwise are pretty solid interestingly enough

xwhaler

Forgot one spot....Cabin Fever in Bartlett. Great pizza and everything else I've tried (easy place to escape the crowds of N Conway)

yeggous

Forgot one spot....Cabin Fever in Bartlett. Great pizza and everything else I've tried (easy place to escape the crowds of N Conway)

That place is up for sale. If anyone has any gift cards left, use them ASAP. The owners are looking to retire.

Edd

I've been wondering about Cabin Fever on recent BW trips. My usual routine is to grab a sandwich at White Mountain Cider store, eat half on the drive to BW, and eat half at lunch. Economical and at least as good as whatever you'll get at the ski area. Sadly, White M. Cider store burned down recently but my understanding is that they'll rebuild soon. Those donuts....

So I was hoping Cabin Fever could be a replacement but they start at lunch. I'm happy to detour a bit to the Shack. Someday I'll try CF for apres.

thebigo

Childrens museum not mentioned, good place for the kids if anyone in your party does not ski. It gets crowded on raining summer weekends, not sure about holiday winter weekends. Moat and seadog are the best restaurants in town, red parka and muddy moose would be next on the list. Cannot believe someone recommended Jalisco, had a terrible meal and even worse service.

yeggous

Childrens museum not mentioned, good place for the kids if anyone in your party does not ski. It gets crowded on raining summer weekends, not sure about holiday winter weekends. Moat and seadog are the best restaurants in town, red parka and muddy moose would be next on the list. Cannot believe someone recommended Jalisco, had a terrible meal and even worse service.

Did you have their giant pitchers of margarita for short money?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

prsboogie

Has anyone gone to Houlihans, I've heard decent things but always forget to check it out.

Another place we go to is Tuckermans Inn in 16A. Does get mad busy on the weekends so we try to hit it earlier than not. Another good beer selection on draft.

xwhaler

Another place we go to is Tuckermans Inn in 16A. Does get mad busy on the weekends so we try to hit it earlier than not. Another good beer selection on draft.

Another great option that I was forgetting about!

Edd

Tuckermans on 16A is the best beer selection in the area. Red Fox is strong on that front, too.

Jalisco is the best Mexican option, in my mind.

skifree

Delaneys makes a very good bloody mary.
May Kelly's is cool on a Sunday afternoon for Irish music and drinking.