• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Northeast Mountain Report - NESN

ChileMass

Great 30 minute program on NESN last night (700-730PM) which spotlighted Burke and Jay up in northern VT. Both areas looked terrific, and focused on the friendly, laid-back attitude at both hills. Jay especially looked good with all the snow and the extensive glade skiing there. Fun program - I'll have to watch in the future for profiles of other hills. Not sure if it airs every week at the same time, but worth checking out.....

Greg

Staff member
I'm bummin. I don't get NESN. :blink: I just upgraded to digital cable this weekend and even iO doesn't offer it...

N

NortheastMntReport

The NEMR Show

Hey Skiers -
I was just checking out what people are saying about NEMR on NESN and I found you! I work for the Northeast Mountain Report and was psyched to hear that you like us! And from ChileMass's reaction - we did what we set out to do - give the raw and genuine personality of every resort and town we went.
Greg if you want to see us and dont get NESN we are also on FoxSportsNet in NY. Its not on on Sundays in NY but keep and eye on your listings.
As for ChileMass - anyway I could use your reactions to the show in a PR piece? If not - don't sweat it - it's always nice to hear chatter about a great project. In fact - at some of the mountains we've been to we have a little pint sized following - they are so wonderfully excited.
Thanks again

ChileMass

NEMR -

Sure - be my guest. If you also feel my feedback is worth sending me a check (or some form of non-cash remuneration), you could feel free to do that, too......... :lol:

I've watched NEMR a few times this winter and it's great. The young woman who hosts is cute and a good skier!.......she and a friend were at Loon and Waterville on the last program I saw (last weekend) and they looked like they were having big fun. Got any job openings??

Greg

Staff member
Re: The NEMR Show

NortheastMntReport said:
Greg if you want to see us and dont get NESN we are also on FoxSportsNet in NY. Its not on on Sundays in NY but keep and eye on your listings.
Welcome, NortheastMntReport! I do get Fox Sports Net NY so I'll have TiVo search for it. I look forward to checking it out....I hope they are still running it. Hey, if you ever want to mention AlpineZone.com on your show, you have my "permission"... :wink:

N

NortheastMntReport

NEMR

We are done filming for the season, but all the show will be revolving, aka repeat, for the next 6 weeks. And if you have a chance to watch it, we'd love to know what you think! It's been a great season, and what can I say - what a great job to be on the slope and in all the local haunts. Just so i can let everyone else know about the great places to visit in the northeast! Our biggest goal was to show the mountains the way they really are... the people, the places, and the slopes. Burke in Vermont even said the locals said they couldn't have shown the personality better themselves!
Thanks for checking us out!

Greg

Staff member
My TiVo couldn't find any upcoming repeats... :cry:

hammer

All the talk about the Warren Miller films has me wondering if/when this show will be on for this season. :)

Joshua B

Greg said:
I'm bummin. I don't get NESN. :blink: I just upgraded to digital cable this weekend and even iO doesn't offer it...

I think it's a shame that many CT cable subscribers don't get NESN, but hey do get NYC's Yes Network. It's amazing to me that some CT residents don't get the opportunity to watch the Sox yet they can watch the Yankees.