• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Northern New England ski area locusts and their subspecies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERJ-145CA

if they get their way with manhattan congestion pricing then everyone is fucked no matter where they lay their heads. i read something about nj negotiating for exemptions for people who paid gwb/holland/lincoln tolls. sounds like a mess to admin
It's a good thing I avoid going into the city unless I absolutely have to.

I'm sure it will take a highly paid bureaucracy to administer.

Hawk

Jesus, Right up there amounst em.
I find it comical that anybody on the east coast is called a flat lander. Now if you live in a mountain community out west above 6,000 then you can talk the talk. Also if you live anywhere in MA west of the Quabin Res, it is exactly like living in Rural NH, VT or ME. You get the same type of farm land, conservitive values, guns, pickup trucks and attitudes. Only down here we have the kindness and respect to live together without pointing fingers and ranting at each other.

Hawk

Here is another fun fact. Since 1965, which is basically my live time. MA has had 7 republican governors and only 3 democratic governers. In that same period, NH has had 5 Democratic and 7 republican governers. So the voting population seems so have some conservative values it appears. Who knew. lol

KustyTheKlown

new england republicans like that hardly exist anymore. baker and romney, mild in comparison to the scuzz.

Bratwurst

I would've never guessed this - is it a big retirement state?

One thing that hasn't been mentioned, I think, is some towns in NH give tax breaks on property to seniors. There is a complicated tax abatement plan statewide as well. Since property taxes are high in NH because it's the main source of tax for local services that makes it attractive for seniors.
According to Motley Fool, in July 2022, typical home value in MA is about $612,000, NH-$451,000, ME-$361,000, VT-$359,000. Taxes are higher in ME and VT so I think it's about the same total cost.

Bratwurst

Most of the people who will be move to New Hampshire will do so because of the beautiful natural environment and comparatively low cost of living, so I don't think you have anything to worry about on losing "traditional values."
Thanks for saying better than I could why I want to move out of MA

Granite1

Ski off tomorrow at Cannon? Haha
I don't need a ski-off to know I'm the best skier on the mountain. I learned to ski at 13, a six-week ski club package at junior high school.
On the third night, some big fat bully pushed me down in the lift line; he said I was the worst skier on the mountain (actually, it was a hill). He was at least a year or two older than me, fat and bigger. I got back up, and he pushed me down again, laughed, and said I was the worst skier on the mountain (actually a hill). However, the second time he pushed me down, both my bindings (Besser) released. I got up and faked like I was stepping back into my Besser bindings. I bent halfway down, got low, and tackled the fat ass. I walloped him just below the shoulders, and he went down in a flash. I began to maneuver my arms and body to put him in a half-nelson, but some other adults were in the lift line, and they broke up the fight, luckily for the fat ass. As the adults pulled me away from the fat ass, I yelled at him: the best skier on the mountain is the skier that has the most fun. No skier on the mountain (actually a hill) has more fun than me; therefore, I am the best skier on the mountain.

So, I learned at an early age. I am the best skier on the mountain (or a hill). I don't need a ski-off to prove it; because no one has more fun than me.

RH29

So, I learned at an early age. I am the best skier on the mountain (or a hill). I don't need a ski-off to prove it; because no one has more fun than me.
If your idea of fun is insulting the people who make your ski areas economically viable and launching into political rants on the lifts, woohoo, congratulations, you're #1!

Status
Not open for further replies.