• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Not impressed with Mount Snow's ski school

gmcunni

whether newdaddy chose to speak to mgt or not i appreciate the comment posted here. tho i'm not in the market for putting my kids in a lessons these days someone else might see this info and ask before they commit to 3 days prepaid lessons at MT snow or any other mountain.

i think the rain is making everyone cranky.

deadheadskier

Staff member
This makes me think of the time I took my ex-wife to Butternut and got her a snowboard lesson. After the lesson she complained that all the instructor taught them was how to stand up when strapped in and how to skate around. So I went into the lesson center, calmly and politely voiced my displeasure, and you wouldn't believe what happened. Their head instructor dropped what he was doing, apologized to myself and my ex, and then took her out for around an hour and half private lesson. By the end of that, she was linking turns and having a blast. He also told us that the first instructor was new and that he would go through some retraining.

Amazing what can happen if you're polite and reasonable, and give a business a chance to correct poor service.

simple as that

gmcunni

i had horrible day on the mountain a few years back, frustrated by what i perceived to be a poor line mgt strategy. i left the mountain unsatisfied. i came here to AZ to vent. next day i got a PM from the GM of the mountain who saw my posting, he apologized for my bad day and comp'd me and my entire group (6 of us) tix for a return visit.

deadheadskier

Staff member
i had horrible day on the mountain a few years back, frustrated by what i perceived to be a poor line mgt strategy. i left the mountain unsatisfied. i came here to AZ to vent. next day i got a PM from the GM of the mountain who saw my posting, he apologized for my bad day and comp'd me and my entire group (6 of us) tix for a return visit.

That's beyond a rare experience though G. Totally cool it happened, but I doubt your expectation through venting here was that the powers that be would read your thread, reach out to you, and try and make things better.

I'd put the odds at essentially zero that Peak Management reads this thread and reaches out to Newdaddy.

I guess I just don't see the point in bitching about something when you make no effort to convey your feelings at the point of service in an attempt to have a business serve you better. What's the goal/point in that? If you don't give a business a chance to resolve your conflict, bitching about it online seems really vindictive and counterproductive to me.

SKI-3PO

I expect a business that I provide money to know how to provide me a positive experience without my input. Everyone's expectations are different - its fairly impossible to please everyone but those who please the most will be the most successful.

The good news for the OP is that it sounds like he's had his expectations met elsewhere so he can return there and be satisfied with his experience next time.

RENO

Should've cancelled the lessons after the first day and asked for your money back. Then you should've bought lift tickets and taken them with you to ski. How many years of lessons do these kids need? :lol:

wa-loaf

The fact is a lot of people who have a bad experience don't say anything to anyone and just don't come back. For every NewDaddy there are many more who are dissatisfied and just wont come back there without saying anything to anyone except maybe their friends. So I don't understand why you are all defending Mt Snow so heartily. Sure everyone should speak up when you don't get what you expect or think you payed for, but the reality is most don't. As a business those are the people you need to be worrying about. Maybe someone from Mt Snow will read this thread? maybe not. They should have some sort of social media monitoring system to be able to respond to these things. Kind of like gmcunni's experience.

gmcunni

Maybe someone from Mt Snow will read this thread? maybe not. They should have some sort of social media monitoring system to be able to respond to these things. Kind of like gmcunni's experience.

i'm sure it is someone's job at MT snow to monitor social media.. but would they find this? and would it be interesting enough to bubble up to someone who cares and/or can do something about it? i agree, many people tend to take what they are given and when unhappy complain to friends, but aren't we all friends here in some weird cosmic internet kind of way? has mt snow elevated to the status of Magic or Sundown where any perceived negative comment is met with an unbalanced response of hatred and shunning?

regarding my experience, i was surprised, to say the least.. i would suspect the GM of the mountain was not reading AZ (tho he had an account to send me a PM).. but rather someone brought it to his attention.

if newdaddy really wants the bosses at Mt. Snow to know, go to twitter... #mountsnowsucks or #mountsnow-don'tgo

as for me, i'm itching to get to Mt snow soon, i want to ride the bluebird and ski with my friends up there.

drjeff

i'm sure it is someone's job at MT snow to monitor social media.. but would they find this? and would it be interesting enough to bubble up to someone who cares and/or can do something about it? i agree, many people tend to take what they are given and when unhappy complain to friends, but aren't we all friends here in some weird cosmic internet kind of way? has mt snow elevated to the status of Magic or Sundown where any perceived negative comment is met with an unbalanced response of hatred and shunning?

regarding my experience, i was surprised, to say the least.. i would suspect the GM of the mountain was not reading AZ (tho he had an account to send me a PM).. but rather someone brought it to his attention.

if newdaddy really wants the bosses at Mt. Snow to know, go to twitter... #mountsnowsucks or #mountsnow-don'tgo

as for me, i'm itching to get to Mt snow soon, i want to ride the bluebird and ski with my friends up there.

I know a bunch of Mount Snow folks, in many departments do frequent AZ from time to time.

As for the GM, she was busy clearing lifts this morning and I'm sure will be running lift lines, clearing tables in the cafeteria and probably checking the cleanliness of a bathroom or 2 today - she is one of the most hands on GM's in all of the ski industry

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

wa-loaf

There are services that can send you a notice anytime your name pops up online whether a blog post, forum post, facebook, etc ... not to mention this is a NE oriented ski forum they should be following things here some. And yes calling a company out on Twitter seems to be the way force their hand in customer service these days.

doublediamond

original.jpg

This steak still has marks where the jockey hit it!