• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Older skis

petergriffen

Anyone have some they would like to give a snowboarder who wants to start skiing. Used my dads parabolic from 15 years ago twice last year. Made it down its fun to learn. Size 10.5 boot.
Anywhere to look for them cheap? Like real cheap.

ScottySkis

Craig'slist. Org , also ski swaps at local ski stores.

Did you check the new thread here for selling and.buying stuff?

Puck it

I have a pair of Head Monster 88's 175cm with Head Mojo 15's for a BSL of 317mm that I am selling for $175.

KD7000

How long of a ski and where are you located? I have an old pair of K2 Escapes (beginner/rec level) in 167cm that I'd trade for a 6-pack. You gotta come get them, though.

petergriffen

Concord nh. Looked on Craigslist and saw mostly nice stuff . Just not looking to invest a lot until I decide ill ski more than snowboard

Puck it

Concord nh. Looked on Craigslist and saw mostly nice stuff . Just not looking to invest a lot until I decide ill ski more than snowboard

I pass thru Concord every weekend on my way to Cannon. The Monsters 88's are great all round ski. $175 and dropped off.

Wilmington-20130821-00042.jpgWilmington-20130821-00043.jpgWilmington-20130821-00044.jpg

Cannonball

As a snowboarder/skier I can confidently warn you that this is a dangerous move which will lead you to endless self-debates about which gear to bring each and every time.

I can also tell you that Puck It is practically giving you that nice setup for nothing at that price. Seriously, bindings and everything?

Quietman

Puck it's skis are nice, but if your looking for something cheaper, these are going for $70 on Craigslist in Concord, you could probably offer $50-$60. The bindings appear to be demo/rental and would adjust for any boot.

I've bought skis for my kids on Ebay, but the best deals are at the end of the season, not just before Christmas.

Hawkshot99

Puck it's skis are nice, but if your looking for something cheaper, these are going for $70 on Craigslist in Concord, you could probably offer $50-$60. The bindings appear to be demo/rental and would adjust for any boot.

I cant really be sure based on the angle of pics but that binding is not allowed to be worked on by a shop. They are no longer indemnified(sp). If he is this new to skiing he probally doesnt know how to adjust skis without a shop.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Puck it

I cant really be sure based on the angle of pics but that binding is not allowed to be worked on by a shop. They are no longer indemnified(sp). If he is this new to skiing he probally doesnt know how to adjust skis without a shop.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Mojo 15's are on the indemnified list still.

MadMadWorld

As a snowboarder/skier I can confidently warn you that this is a dangerous move which will lead you to endless self-debates about which gear to bring each and every time.

I can also tell you that Puck It is practically giving you that nice setup for nothing at that price. Seriously, bindings and everything?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AlpineZone mobile app

Those are great skis and look like they have been maintained really well. For that price you are getting quite the deal.

petergriffen

I actually can adjust skis I worked in a shop for a bit, ill check the Craigslist ones out I was really trying to spend under 100 including boots

Quietman

And Here is a pair in my town, 45 minutes from Concord for $35. My brother has the same ski (Rebels) and loves them.