• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

One reason the time change sucks

Greg

Staff member
It's not even 8 pm yet, and I'm ready to pass out. :???:

gmcunni

have to disagree. today is one of my favorite days of the year. I got a bonus hour of sleep :)

gmcunni

Tell my kids that....

i hear ya. my alarm went off @ 6 EST so i could get up to Nepaug. As i was going downstairs i heard my son in his room. popped in and he was laying there awake. i told him to try and go back to sleep, it was only 6:15 and he gave me a funny look, he forgot about the time change and thought it was 7:15. he got up anyway but since he's 14 he takes care of himself!! one of the magical momemts of parenting is when the kids learn how to get their own breakfast:lol:

Sky

I like the change back...the extra hour of whatever *sleep*

Hate the darkness falling so early. Another 50 days or so until Winter Solstice...dar by 4 or so. :<

I like when it gets dark early..I don't like when it's still light at 8PM in the summer..I guess I'm a vampire..

wa-loaf

Tell my kids that....

Ditto. My brother was coming over with his kids to hang with us this morning and he called at like 7:30 saying he was on his way. He usually shows up around ten when they come over. He got here at 8:30 and took a look at my clocks (which I had just reset) and was like "oh crap!"

Beetlenut

Hate it! Have to watch it get dark when I still have a half hour of work to go, then drive home from work in the dark.

drjeff

Tell my kids that....

The only thing that saved me from my kids this AM was that saturday evening, my brother and his 3 kids came over and stayed late, so my kids going to bed @10 instead of 8 got my kids to sleep past their normal wakeup time(even DST adjusted) this AM :)

Mildcat

I wish it would fall on Sunday night. The extra hour would be a lot better on a work night.

bvibert

Staff member
I had an inversion yesterday. I was up till after midnight instead of 10ish...

Zand

It fell on a good day this year... all of us that went to Killington opening day got to sleep an extra hour before heading out. I essentially left home at 7:30... if I did that any other day I'd miss half the day by the time I got there.

I really hate clocks going forward. While it's nice with it being light out longer, getting up an hour earlier than normal sucks. Not a good day to go skiing either if you have to travel a long way.