• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Over the hump!

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
For the last 8 nights the average low in my town is 64 degrees. Before that it was 63. The next 8 nights it will also be 64 degrees, then it starts to drop. Tonight is hump night!!! Who else is hitting the hump?

skiNEwhere

I don't know if my temps count, but I snapped this this morning. Saw 44 a couple days ago as well ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1405679363.338433.jpg

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Low of 43º in central NH last night. Slept good. Previous nights didn't go much below 70º. Back to Hot and Humid by Wednesday. So - not over the hump yet.

VTKilarney

I'm enjoying summer. I'm in no rush. Winter will come when it comes. It always does.

BenedictGomez

This has been a pretty cool year, and if the long-range forecasts are correct, you can pretty much kiss any temperatures > 90 degrees goodbye until 2015.

ScottySkis

Good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+2! It been a great cool summer so far. Only day it hit 90+ was last week and I was high up in the Catskills North South Lake so it did not feel to bad. I love winter but have been having lots of fun hiking and biking this off season. I be ready for snow fun times come late this November. I looking forward to no bugs when winter comes.

VTKilarney

Here in northern New England, we've had many July days feel like early September days. Whether or not this cool temperature pattern holds in to the winter remains to be seen - but this has definitely been a cool feeling summer.

deadheadskier

Staff member
It's felt like your average summer on the NH seacoast. Temps have maybe been a bit below average, humidity a bit above. High Humidity bothers me far more than high temps.

dlague

Working for a Electric Utility we look at summers in terms of Critical Consumption Peak days which are days where lots of electricity is used for - you guessed it AC. Last Summer we had 11 CCP days - this year we have had 1. That is a good indicator of the summer being cooler. Another indicator is the number of heat waves that we have experienced in New England. Hopefully this will translate to colder temps when the snow starts falling.

VTKilarney

My friends in southern New England seem to have experienced a more normal summer than those of us in northern New England.

Also, judging by the crates of air conditioners still sitting in Home Depot, you may get a very good sale on one in a few weeks.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Maybe slightly below normal down here, but basically average. It has been very wet, which has helped make it much more tolerable than usual.

hammer

Why. Why. Why. You guys just had to go and jinx us!!!!!!!
:confused:

No real complaints about the summer so far...always wish it were less humid all the time (some morning runs have been tough) but at least we aren't stuck in some hot pattern.