• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pats Peak 3/11/16

medfordmike

My season goal is 25. I consider it the minimum of a decent season. Friday I worked from my weekend place. Beautiful day outside after rain and warm weather. So I decided to end the day early and try Pats Peak. Another goal of mine (but multi year vs. seasonal) is to hit every area 500 vertical feet or more in NH, ME, MA, and VT. Until today i had three left in NH (Pats, Black, and Cranmore). I was not expecting much after the weather but I have to admit the blue skies and better than expected snow were a lot of fun. I only skied 4-6 and temps were in the 40s.

I like old school places and Pats definitely fits the bill lift wise. The lodge looks like a giant coo coo clock. I was pleased to find some steepness but it is followed by long run outs. Coverage was definitely showing some wear and tear after the warm up and rain. What snow was there was fun and spring like. Not much ice or even boilerplate but puddles, wet spots, and brown ground were definitely around. I expected it to be dead but it was still busy with after school programs. There were bumps on hurricane that were fun. Not giant but certainly enjoyable and easy to carve.

Triple over hurricane, bumps were at the top portion.
IMG_0891.jpg
Bad photo of bumps on hurricane.
IMG_0894.jpg
View from double.
IMG_0892.jpg
Busy afternoon/early evening by lodge.
IMG_0889.jpg

jack97

Hurricane is a legit leg burner! Hope they can last for a few more weeks. If not, they will be on my radar next season.

Last edited: