• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

People Wearing Helmets Wrong

〽❄❅

〽❄❅;800970 said:
Yep, i skied in blue jeans too as a teenager, with gators, and they sucked! Always had nice quality ski parkas since they were seen as something i could wear for everyday use but back then even they ended up soaked in a storm, not even close to the affordable goretex substitutes of late.
Ummm...are you just well-off enough to consider goretex stuff "affordable" or do you have a source that I don't know about?
And don't i wish.
Was referring to stuff like HyVent which could be considered a substitute compared to ski clothing fabrics back in the day.

As to a source. Last season i got a TNF Enzo three layer goretex shell at Nordstorms Rack on clearance for $150 from their initial reduced price of $230. At the time i had a choice there between the Enzo or a TNF Free Thinker jacket for the same price, the Enzo fit better.
My local Nordstorm Rack currently has a few Outdoor Research $475msrp three layer goretex pro Mentor Jackets for $220.
Unfortunately those deals are hit or miss.
There was a thread reporting TjMaxx finds, i don't think anyone resurrected it this season.

Hawkshot99

This is just a single example , quite a few park helmets are designed to be able to be worn with beanies underneath

http://www.giro.com/us_en/snow/mens/snow-helmets/shivtm-2.html

Yes there are a few models that take the beanie wearing into thought. But there are way more that do not. Many of the helmets I see are ones that are not desined like the "shiv". A beanie just changes the way it sits on your head, and if the helmet is able to slide back on your head so you can raise your goggles it is way to big and will not fit you properly or protect you properly in a crash.
I am done debating this.
Thanks Waloaf, I do like to think I have knowledge on lots of product in the industry as this is my life. I read about as much as I can, go to many demo days and talk to as many people in the companies as possible. But that does not mean anyone knows all.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2