• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pet lovers?????

drjeff

2 Boxers in my house, aged 8 and 10. And they most definately are involved in our lives. Heck, my wife and I each drive a vehicle that's bigger than we need for us and the kids just so we have plenty of space to bring the dogs with us when we go on many of our trips.

powbmps

I'm typically a cat person. Mostly because of the low maintenance required. However, my wife and oldest daughter have me pretty much sold on this:

Last edited:

Moe Ghoul

Pet "lovers" tend to over-humanize their pets which some observers think is ridiculous. Some folks view pets as any other animal or livestock. That explains a lot of the abuse and neglect we hear about. Recently, a PA puppy mill was ordered to provide vet care to their dogs, so the people shot 80 dogs. Apparently, its OK to shoot your own dog.

campgottagopee

Pet "lovers" tend to over-humanize their pets which some observers think is ridiculous. Some folks view pets as any other animal or livestock. That explains a lot of the abuse and neglect we hear about. Recently, a PA puppy mill was ordered to provide vet care to their dogs, so the people shot 80 dogs. Apparently, its OK to shoot your own dog.

I read about that story, real sad sheit. Puppy mills/backyard breeders SUCK!!!!!!!

Dr Skimeister

I read about that story, real sad sheit. Puppy mills/backyard breeders SUCK!!!!!!!

I second that!!

Too many people view pets as production units. I'm not one that believes that animals have the same emotions as do people, but they are living things that are not meant to just be disposed of like last week's leftovers. If more conscience was used in the decision to breed an animal and the person making that decision was ready to accept the responsibility for the well-being of the progeny for their life-times, fewer pets would be out there being available to the marginal care-givers.

Moe Ghoul

Didn't Dickens already explore that??

Life expectancy was prolly 40 -50 back then, so kids were practically adults. I'm sure there's quite a few 3rd world orphanages linked to some form of manually intensive production and agriculture. They stick little kids in caves to knot oriental rugs. Their tiny hands make for a tighter weave and the cave prevents the colors from bleaching. Sometimes it is better to sweep life's cruelties under the rug and be happy in ignorant bliss. Oh, looky, Walmart's having a sale!:spin:

Paul

Life expectancy was prolly 40 -50 back then, so kids were practically adults. I'm sure there's quite a few 3rd world orphanages linked to some form of manually intensive production and agriculture. They stick little kids in caves to knot oriental rugs. Their tiny hands make for a tighter weave and the cave prevents the colors from bleaching. Sometimes it is better to sweep life's cruelties under the rug and be happy in ignorant bliss. Oh, looky, Walmart's having a sale!:spin:

No pun intended, I'm sure....

I was more referring to Brangelina, or whatever the hell the tabloids call them...

Moe Ghoul

No pun intended, I'm sure....

I was more referring to Brangelina, or whatever the hell the tabloids call them...

Brangelina? That's a high fiber cereal. :spin:

That siren wears the pants for sure, Brad's been completely neutered. Everytime I see a pic of them, Angie is struttin up front and the Bradster is in tow with 4 kids and a diaper bag. She's totally mesmerizing, imo.

Paul

Brangelina? That's a high fiber cereal. :spin:

That siren wears the pants for sure, Brad's been completely neutered. Everytime I see a pic of them, Angie is struttin up front and the Bradster is in tow with 4 kids and a diaper bag. She's totally mesmerizing, imo.

He always looked a bit....uh..."fem" IMHO...

And she's got arms like a do0d.

Paul

xin_2301041116360591626042.jpg

srsly.jpg

/her knees are way too sharp as well
//bringin' the slashie goodness
///gotta be at the gym in 26 min.
//only Marc and Ctenadae will get this