• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pico Powder - Boot deep and 2-4' drifts

Tin

Decent week ahead of snow making weather. I hope they resurface and expand....so much snowmaking coverage but so little motivation to use it.

This is the response I got from Pico when I asked them if they made snow last week (m-f):

"We did not- we got some natural snow, and with some questionable weather this weekend, and stress on the power grid in the area with the extreme overnight cold, we opted to hold off. We're heading to B Slope and Swinger next. The mountain is sliding great on the natural we have- thanks to the mowing crew!"

Thurs-Fri were also so cold they could have damaged the snow making equipment. A few places shut it down late last week due to cold.

Zermatt

Check out their snow report. Reads more like they lost all the natural snow trails, they weren't just preserving them for the rain. Webcam suggests the same.

Also, saw plenty of photos of whales growing on Thursday and Friday at Okemo.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone