• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Plattekill 2/20

Dick Gazinya

Took a run up to Platty today being Holiday week they are open midweek. Also wanted to avoid any of the lift problems in the Catskills or Belleayres runout on this 60 degree day. Blockbuster and North face seem to have a deep base while Plunge looks a little thin. The snow was good and the crowds were nonexistent. Ski on all day. Well once I went over to the triple and their was a group in the way ready to get on so I hit the double instead. Waiting in lines is not my thing.IMG_20180220_125154_387.jpgIMG_20180220_125154_391.jpgIMG_20180220_125154_402.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app

legalskier

My neighbor went there for a private event a good month ago after it snowed. She said that even with AWD & GPS the last 30 minutes getting there were distressing & confusing. They really need better signage.

cdskier

My neighbor went there for a private event a good month ago after it snowed. She said that even with AWD & GPS the last 30 minutes getting there were distressing & confusing. They really need better signage.

That helps keep the crowds down! :razz:

Once you make the drive once, it really isn't that complicated. I do think some of the signs that used to exist have sort of fallen over, faded or disappeared though.