• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Platty 🏂🎿😃 sweet hill in West Cats NY

ScottySkis

A surprise 6” to close out an amazing weekend…simply AWESOME. #myplatty #plattekill #catskills #privatelyowned

JimG.

Staff member
Plattekill was awesome yesterday. The cold, cold, dry weather must have dried the snow out on Sat night because it skied much softer on Sun. Loose snow everywhere. Nats were excellent there is something enticing about skiing on thinly covered funky terrain. Now another 6" on top after I said they need a foot to get the trees open as I left. Friday will be good!

tnt1234

Chance for a good wallop Saturday.

Do they often sell out with their new online system?

Bell sold out for Sunday.

JimG.

Staff member
Platty must have been sold out this past Sunday cars everywhere.
It was very uncrowded Sat I guess the cold forecast kept people away that day but the temps did not feel all that bad.

tnt1234

Platty must have been sold out this past Sunday cars everywhere.
It was very uncrowded Sat I guess the cold forecast kept people away that day but the temps did not feel all that bad.
But I bet the line for the double was fine, right?

Online reservations add a layer of complexity to this sport....

ScottySkis

Telly festival information
Tenth Annual Plattekill Mountain TELEFEST! Friday, February 25. FREE Demos from Telemarkdown.com -Fey Bros and morning and afternoon clinics. Make it a sick day!

ScottySkis

We are 2 1/2 weeks from the takeover and we need those tickets sales to make this happen! Please share with your friends, neighbors, family, and anyone else you can think of. Ticket prices will be increasing to $70 starting this coming Wednesday the 23rd and $80 starting on March 1st so get them while they are cheap! $60 for a lift ticket to an epic event is a steal!

ScottySkis

Telly festival information
THIS FRIDAY. Free Demos from Telemarkdown.com -Fey Bros, including their very own line of Telemark specific skis. Try the 22 Designs Outlaw and Lynx bindings! Morning and afternoon clinics with some of the best tele instructors in the known universe. It appears that Ullr shall look favorably upon the event. Make it a sick day.

ScottySkis

Fresh snow awaits for Friday! 2-3” today and the snow guns have been stockpiling on terrain… don’t miss it! #freshsnow #myplatty #plattekill #snowmaking

ScottySkis

Home sweet home.

#plattekill #myplatty #catskills #catskillskiing ty @cjseventyseven
Great way for them to close the season I miss ski their Glad others can enjoy perfect hill in Catskills

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1648399815141.jpg
    FB_IMG_1648399815141.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 5

ScottySkis

U. All should hike west Catskills got bunch of snow this morning.🏂🏂🎿🏂🎿🎿🏂.From platty Facebook page.
""Happy April! It ain’t over… till it’s over. #aprilsnow #goodolmothernature #myplatty #plattekill #catskills"

ScottySkis

Last week Plattekill lost a legend and a friend, Gary Hinkley, one of Plattekill’s founding fathers. We will never forget his great smile and his love for the mountain. Rest in peace Gary, you will be missed by many.
#skilegend