• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Poor Customer Service

skibum9995

This is what I was talking about earlier in this thread......Skibum please DO NOT take this the wrong way, I'm sure you are a good manager. I've been in customer service biz for A LONG TIME----one of the best things about my job is I'm a "bomb diffuser", I get more enjoyment out of "turning around" an irrate customer more than anything. The customer who is pissed USUALLY has a g/d good reason and as a manager it's our jobs to listen and help them out....no matter what our personal feeling for them are. Believe me, there are times when we need to "cut bait" and get rid of the s.o.b., but those times are very few and far between. There's an old saying that you "get more done with sugar than you do with salt", and IMO, that is soooo true.....try it, both from the customer and retailer side and I think your shopping/work experience will be much better.
I agree with you for the most part, and I used to use this approach, but I've built up too much frustration being constantly berated day in and day out for following company polices. People see a kid in the grocery store and try to take advantage of it. I can't remember the last day I worked when someone didn't try to scam me somehow. I've given up.

campgottagopee

I agree with you for the most part, and I used to use this approach, but I've built up too much frustration being constantly berated day in and day out for following company polices. People see a kid in the grocery store and try to take advantage of it. I can't remember the last day I worked when someone didn't try to scam me somehow. I've given up.

I've been running a car dealership since 1994, and I get that way too, really, it's normal. Dealing with the John Q. Public day in and day out is NOT an easy task. I need to constantly remind myelf to treat people as I expect to be treated. Maybe time for a vacation???? I know I'm going on one in a couple weeks, god knows I need one :beer:

tjf67

I've been running a car dealership since 1994, and I get that way too, really, it's normal. Dealing with the John Q. Public day in and day out is NOT an easy task. I need to constantly remind myelf to treat people as I expect to be treated. Maybe time for a vacation???? I know I'm going on one in a couple weeks, god knows I need one :beer:

hookers and blow?