• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Posting Fatigue

Edd

In case you guys didn't know it, the OP suffered a serious injury/injuries speed flying in Utah some months ago in 2020. He's recovering, but it's a long, tough haul. Broken back, ankle, and other stuff. Speed flying is done with a small, high performance hang glider. Hope @skiNEwhere doesn't mind that I share this info. He's a friend of ours and could use some prayers and good vibes.
Sorry to hear, I’ve always liked him. Give him my best, please.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
In case you guys didn't know it, the OP suffered a serious injury/injuries speed flying in Utah some months ago in 2020. He's recovering, but it's a long, tough haul. Broken back, ankle, and other stuff. Speed flying is done with a small, high performance hang glider. Hope @skiNEwhere doesn't mind that I share this info. He's a friend of ours and could use some prayers and good vibes.
Well wishes ....Hope he gets back in the air .

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I saw that and had shared it in another thread as well a month or two ago. Get well quickly @skiNEwhere

skiNEwhere

No, don’t mind at all.

Thank you guys for sending all the positive vibes!

Accident was at the top of Y mountain in Provo which is a pretty commiting launch. Many variables involved in the accident but I couldn’t abort the launch which is short and has a small cliff at the end and I went off the edge without a wing that was producing much/if any lift. Bounced off the ground several times with a partially flying wing which caused injuries to multiple areas of my body.

Pelvis and sacrum took the brunt of it with multiple fractures, along with ankle (talus), L5, L4, sternum and humerus, some internal bleeding and a mild SCI.

A lot that can be said about confidence/overconfidence as I had flow that site a lot but not in those conditions. There’s a huge difference between launching in a 1 mph headwind vs 1 mph tailwind.

Good news is that I’m walking and have even been skiing a few times since my injury.

On a random note, I’m pretty grateful I bought the utah search and rescue card. I think NH has the same thing. Considering all my medical costs, it’s nice that I didn’t have to pay a dime for my life flight heli ride.

Edd

No, don’t mind at all.

Thank you guys for sending all the positive vibes!

Accident was at the top of Y mountain in Provo which is a pretty commiting launch. Many variables involved in the accident but I couldn’t abort the launch which is short and has a small cliff at the end and I went off the edge without a wing that was producing much/if any lift. Bounced off the ground several times with a partially flying wing which caused injuries to multiple areas of my body.

Pelvis and sacrum took the brunt of it with multiple fractures, along with ankle (talus), L5, L4, sternum and humerus, some internal bleeding and a mild SCI.

A lot that can be said about confidence/overconfidence as I had flow that site a lot but not in those conditions. There’s a huge difference between launching in a 1 mph headwind vs 1 mph tailwind.

Good news is that I’m walking and have even been skiing a few times since my injury.

On a random note, I’m pretty grateful I bought the utah search and rescue card. I think NH has the same thing. Considering all my medical costs, it’s nice that I didn’t have to pay a dime for my life flight heli ride.
Good to see you here again, sorry about the accident.

wa-loaf

Is there such a thing? Where you post and lurk on this site so much that you just get sick of it and don't want to visit the forum anymore?

I have kind of felt this way the last month or so. I thought it was because I'm mad envious of you guys shredding pow the last few weeks, but I haven't been very active on Epicski either. How do you guys with 10k+ posts do it? Strict training regime?
Oh hello. Is this thing still on?