• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Powder alert! Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdfreetuna

7" of fresh at Killington / Pico overnight
8" Sugarbush/MRG/Stowe/Smuggs

Cannon, Wildcat pretty much the same. Anywhere in the high peaks. Wednesday 7-8" fresh.

Onthesnow.com

Quietman

I like optimists, but let's be realistic!! This is Wednesday's forecast for the summit of Mt. Washington(6,288'), posted by the observatory.

Wednesday:
In the clouds w/ mixed precipitation showers early transitioning to all rain, which may be heavy at times. Snow and sleet accumulations 1-3 inches.

High: Low 30sWind: SW 45-60 mph increasing to 60-80 mph w/ gusts up to 105 mph.Wind Chill: 5 below to 5 above

I think that these guys have a little more insight than onthesnow.com. Just saying......

Feel free to keep posting this nonsense if it makes you feel better about this current lack of snowfall.

WWF-VT

noaa

the forecast for mount ellen, vermont at 4,083 ft:

last updated at 333 pm est mon feb 01 2016
.tuesday night...partly cloudy until midnight...then becoming
cloudy. A chance of sleet after midnight. Low around 23. Southwest
winds 10 to 25 mph...becoming south and...increasing to 40 to 55 mph
after midnight.
.wednesday...cloudy in the morning...then becoming obscured
in clouds. Rain and freezing rain in the morning...then rain in the
afternoon. High around 45. South winds 60 to 75 mph. Wind chill
values as low as 10 above.

Rowsdower

Way too much warm air for that to happen I think. Freezing levels will be way above 6,000ft even, so it won't even perform at elevation. Going to have to wait for the weekend it looks like.

mriceyman

On The Snow has never let me down. Been using it for 3 years faithfully. They know what's up.

Lets make a bet .. Zero accumulating snow on Wednesday vs 6" like on the snow says(which likes snow to drive people to its site). Theyre the last people you should go to for an honest forecast.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

deadheadskier

Staff member
I guess you used them for your Dec. 27 prediction of a foot too. Didn't happen.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php/137503-Trail-Count-Predictions-for-Tues-Wed

yes, complete swing and a miss

Everyone hopes you're right Tuna, but COME ON. This thread and your weather excitement this week...........pretty lame given what even the non-observer can predict on weather.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a skier, I love the optimism and would want to hug it out with you if your predictions come true. That said, I've got zero faith in your forecasting

STREETSKIER

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0a73dcb617987b0f9b35ff69a7c15222.jpg

Last edited:

SIKSKIER

Matt Noyes at NECN (who I have a lot of faith in) is predicting some snow at the very outset of this storm but whatever might fall will certainly be washed away and then some by the predicted 1 inch rain event.

Status
Not open for further replies.