• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Praises for the EPIC pass reservation system

Creakyknees

Got my Days

I signed in at 8:45am and I had all my reservations at Hunter at around 11:45am. I started with 66,000 people in front of me.

With the reservation system this season how many MORE people who do not have a reservation will be hiking the terrain parks?

SLyardsale

I went on to the Keystone site to see how the rolling reservation system might work - as Keystone opened on 11/6 and they started taking reservation on 11/4. It appears I cannot book a reservation at Keystone until 12/8... as all dates until then are not available to reserve.

keystone.JPG

gittist

I went into Keystone also as a pass holder and as I understood it, I should have been able to make a early season reservation but I get the same as you..."not yet available?"

"You can also book week-of reservations for the early season. Booking a week-of reservation does not count against your Priority Reservation Days. If you cannot book a week-of reservation, the resort is likely not open yet for the 2020/21 season."

They're open...Guess someone needs to call the customer service or email Rob Katz

njdiver85

I went into Keystone also as a pass holder and as I understood it, I should have been able to make a early season reservation but I get the same as you..."not yet available?"
I believe that Keystone pretty much sold out for the entire week's worth of "week-of" reservations in as little as an hour according to Colorado media outlets out there. Likely a sign of things to come in the Northeast, both early season, and later season when we passholders are competing with day ticket purchasers who purchased more than a week in advance!

SLyardsale

answer: Keystone is sold out

"As of Thursday afternoon, reservations to ski and snowboard through the resort’s opening weekend were full. Reservations for Monday through Nov. 13 remained available. Additional week-of reservations will open to passholders Wednesday for reservations through Nov. 20, the release stated."

SLyardsale

I believe that Keystone pretty much sold out for the entire week's worth of "week-of" reservations in as little as an hour according to Colorado media outlets out there. Likely a sign of things to come in the Northeast, both early season, and later season when we passholders are competing with day ticket purchasers who purchased more than a week in advance!
only passholders can book until 12/8. So its all passholders at Keystone. Not a good sign

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
Well I got inline pretty quick, I didn't pay attention booked 7 days around Dec for Hunter. Then I thought I would try and get tix for the preseason. Uh oh! I booked my 7 "core days"! Damn Now I have to wait till Nov 17th. to cancel those. All that and nothing else is available yet. I agree those Wednesday nights are going to suck.

BUT THANK GOD FOR PFIZER!!!

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
Well I got inline pretty quick, I didn't pay attention booked 7 days around Dec for Hunter. Then I thought I would try and get tix for the preseason. Uh oh! I booked my 7 "core days"! Damn Now I have to wait till Nov 17th. to cancel those. All that and nothing else is available yet. I agree those Wednesday nights are going to suck.

Before Dec 8th, the days for the next week open on Wed. Dont fret!

thebigo

What time on Wednesday are week of posted? Hope it is at night and not the middle of the day.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Zero issues so far with Killington, IKON, Snowbird- I've used/seen pretty much everything other than Vail's reservation site and I've yet to be "locked out" or seen anything "locked out" save for Arapahoe Basin this Saturday.

drjeff

Yes, good news, but frankly we all really need to root for JNJ's vaccine as the PFE vaccine is a logistical nightmare. Initial readout probably in about a month I would guess.

The 1 dosing delivery and not having to keep it at -70 Celsius between manufacturing and use, is a huge advantage to the JNJ vaccine over the Pfizer one for sure

BenedictGomez

The 1 dosing delivery and not having to keep it at -70 Celsius between manufacturing and use, is a huge advantage to the JNJ vaccine over the Pfizer one for sure

Correct. But pharmacological stability is a major issue as well. The JNJ vaccine is estimated to likely be efficacious for possibly up to 2 years in storage-state, whereas the PFE vaccine will go bad 48 hours post thaw. Then there's the issue of collecting & destroying those unused doses via incineration if your state doesn't allow them in the trash.

machski

only passholders can book until 12/8. So its all passholders at Keystone. Not a good sign
Maybe overreacting a bit, no? Colorado is only main EPIC country. Only Keystone is open between them, Breck, BC and Vail (just to start). With the early closes, you think the Epic pass base there might outstrip limited terrain availability currently?

drjeff

Maybe overreacting a bit, no? Colorado is only main EPIC country. Only Keystone is open between them, Breck, BC and Vail (just to start). With the early closes, you think the Epic pass base there might outstrip limited terrain availability currently?

Right now for sure, it's excess demand and not enough supply out in CO, late season, when lift served starts winding down, and often the folks CO start to spend more time back country in corn harvests vs lift served, maybe it won't be as crazy.

This delay in the East, with the potential for many resorts on multiple passes being open by the weekend of the 20th if the weather cooperates as it looks like it might next week, might help spread the pent up demand around rather than focus it all on a resort or 2. Time will tell

jimmywilson69

Also I'm certain that they current available reservations for Keystone are far far different than say mid season when they are 100% open. And as others have said they are the only epic game in town currently and were the only game in Summit County until a Monday.

njdiver85

Also I'm certain that they current available reservations for Keystone are far far different than say mid season when they are 100% open. And as others have said they are the only epic game in town currently and were the only game in Summit County until a Monday.
It's Wednesday and just checked Keystone, and they are not showing any available week-of reservations for the upcoming week. Are they sold out, or have they not opened it up yet? Do we even know at what time they open up week-of reservations?

drjeff

It's Wednesday and just checked Keystone, and they are not showing any available week-of reservations for the upcoming week. Are they sold out, or have they not opened it up yet? Do we even know at what time they open up week-of reservations?

I think I remember reading that the week of reservation system on Wednesdays won't go live until something like noon Mountain Time

thebigo

It appears that a week runs Saturday to Saturday, I had assumed Monday to Monday. With week of reservations opening on Wednesday afternoon, Saturday weather will be largely know by the day ticket crowd before passholders can book.