• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Priceline.com

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I've tried Priceline.com in the past and never was able to get any really decent deals. This year I figured with the economy being what it is, I gave them a try again and got some good deals.

1. Was looking for a hotel room in the Killington area, tried putting in a bid and got a room at the Rutland Best Western for $50 a night.
2. My friend wanted to take a trip to Poland, but was looking for airline tix and the cheapest he could find is $1200. I got him tix for $618
3. Going to Killington 1/24 -1/26. Know I got tickets before at $50, I figured let me see what I can do about getting them cheaper. I put in a bid of $40 and got the two nights at the Rutland Comfort in at that price.
4. Decided to extend my stay at Killington an extra day, Priceline gives you the option of extending the previous bid. I tried it, couldn't. So, I figured let me try bidding again, long story short, got another day for $30!

thetrailboss

Staff member
My fiancee swears by Priceline. She got us a night in the Park Plaza in Boston for like $140. Original price: $400.

She also got us a night at the Albany Marriott for $75. Rack rate: $200. The guy at the counter could not believe it. He was so surprised he threw us in a nicer room and gave us free concierge lounge access with snacks and breakfast. Great deal! Nice place as well...would definitely stay there again.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
My fiancee swears by Priceline. She got us a night in the Park Plaza in Boston for like $140. Original price: $400.

She also got us a night at the Albany Marriott for $75. Rack rate: $200. The guy at the counter could not believe it. He was so surprised he threw us in a nicer room and gave us free concierge lounge access with snacks and breakfast. Great deal! Nice place as well...would definitely stay there again.

One thing I have done, after getting the reservation, call the hotel. Reason being to see what kind of room we got. In the last case got smoking asked them to change to non-smoking, no problem. The hotels have no clue as to what you payed and are usually quick to help you in anyway they can.

o3jeff

Planning on going up to the North Conway 3/15-3/18 and was playing around on Priceline. Appears that I can get a 2 1/2 star room(HI express, Hampton Inn, Best Western, etc) for $1 a night, $7.01 tax, total $10.01. Is this for real?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Holy crap, Jeff! If it is, pounce on that! :eek:

I have never even been on the Priceline website... but you have me intrigued. Maybe we can afford an East Coast trip this season...

o3jeff

Holy crap, Jeff! If it is, pounce on that! :eek:

I have never even been on the Priceline website... but you have me intrigued. Maybe we can afford an East Coast trip this season...

I can splurge and get a 3 1/2 star for around $12 a night.

Just need to confirm with my boss tomorrow that I can have the time off.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I think you should splurge then. :) Where are you skiing, Black? Wildcat? Bretton Woods? If you're planning on Loon and Cannon, I would look in North Woodstock/Lincoln for lodging instead.