• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rate the season( trying to ignore virus)

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
5 for me...I spent a good number of days in the woods and naturals. Typically though it was just covered enough to be OK-good...got to epic conditions only two days for me this season, a powder day at Killington and the day after at Pico (Feb 27-28).

I think we recorded 4" of snow at Thunder Ridge, and that's not an exaggeration. Lack of natural snow but the HUGE difference between this year and 2015-2016 was it got cold this year. Never really stayed cold but in 15-16 it never got cold at all.

jg17

I guess I would say about a 6. Moving cross country and being temporarily unemployed put a bit of a damper on December. January, 2 days in CO were a little disappointing for my first time there, WP was dry and crusty, Copper got a little fresh over crust so it was better. Some good days at Crystal in January, but the crowds really made me lose motivation to go too often. Banff in February was amazing, although 4 days was really only about two full solid days due to non-skiing activities and injury. March was a bummer, Alpental was icy moguls last weekend and, well, here we are now.

Overall not quite the season I was hoping for in my new home, but the one day with 23" of powder at Mission Ridge and the few good days at Crystal were promising. Hoping next year will be smoother with fewer life changes, more snow, and fewer world crises.

granite

If you've been skiing for 50 years, it wasn't all that bad. I've seen much worse.

NYDB

I'd give this year a 5 in total for me

A 3 for conditions in SoVT this year, but I got 26 days mostly with the family and a nice trip out west. So 5 overall.

The highlights were the trip to Big Sky a low tide powder day at magic just before new years and believe it or not a morning at Stratton lapping the Kidderbrook side while it was all closed around new years. Fresh tracks for 10 laps or so.

kingslug

Can't complain..Lots of powder days..
November snow storm at K
Hunter storm December..with a powder day at Bell
SB powder days beginning of the year
Stowe powder Jan
St Anton Big powder days
Made it out west before the world closed
37 days..but not the 50 I hoped