• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ruroc helmets

B_CraZy

Has anyone actually decide on investing into one of these sick helmets? I never really use a helmet and I love using my limited edition Shaun white airbrakes but this prevents them. But it's starting to capture my attention a I might need a good helmet after getting braces off which this helmets provide full face protection practically.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AlpineZone mobile app

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I haven't heard of Ruroc helmets. Maybe I'm an old curmudgeon... Googling .......

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AlpineZone mobile app

Cannonball

I'll be completely honest....I think they are kind of cool and I think I would like the safety and wind protection they provide. I've always wanted to try one on but pretty much no stores locally carry them. Everyone I ski with has told me they will disown me if I show up wearing one.

B_CraZy

Why in the world would u be disowned from them? Because you prefer u protect and not get your face busted up too and whatnot? The helmets do get imported from Europe from what it says.

Bene288

My buddy has one. He doesn't break it out all of the time though. He's a wuss when it comes to the wind, but he's laughing when we're all getting mild frostbite. We call him the Stig

B_CraZy

My buddy has one. He doesn't break it out all of the time though. He's a wuss when it comes to the wind, but he's laughing when we're all getting mild frostbite. We call him the Stig

Haha well wind isn't much a problem here in Virginia on the mountains most the time. I've always used a beanie and a thin skull bandana but more looking towards investing $300 for $5,000 worth of teeth work might be beneficial

bigbog

I'm reading that the outer shell is of ABS....think that's more or less what my Markers' outer shell is of. I like the harder Giro outer shells but with graduated, ending in softer foam....much more like a football helmet = highly better than the most all on the market today = mostly fashion(imho) with the much more dense inner layer. I would guess that design delivers a low degree of cushioning to the skull(imho). Opinionated....but maybe all the "talk" around football will bring more design to the table and I don't see any publicized governing body approval like for water safety floatation. I think it were there people would buy...regardless of a higher, but reasonable, price.

gmcunni

my son has one.

personally i don't like it but it sure gets a lot of looks and comments from people on the hill

helmet.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
Surprised they don't have a model called the Stormtrooper.

I'd be interested in trying one. How is the ventilation around the mouth and nose?

Puck it

I'll be completely honest....I think they are kind of cool and I think I would like the safety and wind protection they provide. I've always wanted to try one on but pretty much no stores locally carry them. Everyone I ski with has told me they will disown me if I show up wearing one.

Get a a black one, Darth!

C-Rex

Definitely looks stig/stormtrooper-ish. I can't say I'd buy one, mostly due to the crap I'd get from my friends but I bet they are nice on those windy, frigid days. Having a face mask that doesn't get wet from your breath and freeze over would be awesome.

deadheadskier

Staff member
The appeal for me would be tree skiing. It would be nice to not take tree branches to the face. I wonder how much more difficult it is to match up goggles to these helmets compared to regular style helmets

B_CraZy

They actually come with goggles that u can use individually or with the helmet.

〽❄❅

Ok then, there's the fuglier Scott 83x goggle/face mask for $52
http://www.compacc.com/p/Scott-83X-...cse&utm_campaign=sc&scpid=6&scid=scsho2727095
http://www.scott-sports.com/us/en/p...oggle-scott-83x-safari-facemask-black-yellow/

I'm actually curious about the Oakley Splice Banditto Face Mask. Not so cyborg looking but expensive and you'd have buy the Splice goggle too. Looks as though it'll work unlike all the other mask and balaclavas i've tried which either restrict vision and or are very uncomfortable - http://www.oakley.com/products/6875...&cm_mmc=gbase_csfeeds-_-PLA-_-master-_-57-276

Last edited: