• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saddleback

xwhaler

If I were a passholder at SB and owned 2nd home up there (my dream eventually) I would be looking at a BMOM pass personally.
SL vibe/terrain is so different than SB I could see how core SB skiers wouldn't want to go for that. BMOM has some great tree skiing and nice groomers at a very attractive price point.
Perhaps a SL midweek pass + a BMOM pass is what I would do.

xwhaler

Wouldn't Saddleback skiers be getting a refund if the mountain doesn't open?

Yes, but I think what the other mtns are trying to do is make sure SB skiers are not forced to pay full pricing on an alternate pass now that early season pass pricing has expired. I read this on some back-channel communications I follow.
Though the Shawnee $150 doesn't really fit that.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
Wouldn't Saddleback skiers be getting a refund if the mountain doesn't open?

That's the official "up front" statement. Based on similar situations in the past, I wouldn't count the money until it's is back in my pocket! Those who charged the tickets on major credit cards will most likely be able to get their money back from the credit card company.

SIKSKIER

Thatnks for that.So I'm wondering if the pass is still good if season pass holders get their money back.If so then thats one hell of a deal and I wouldn't be too happy if I already paid full price for my Shawnee pass.

prsboogie

Talked to my friend today and she was told its "foreigners" who do not want to be known until everything is final. Her contact is "convinced" they are opening this season even if they have a management company open it up for the year.

MEtoVTSkier

"foreigners" who do not want to be known until everything is final.

Since they don't want to announce anything, seems like NOTHING is going to happen there this winter. It's almost November 15th for crying out loud. The Berry's don't want to announce ANYTHING even remotely positive to the general public?? I call BS on it... hopefully I'm wrong.

The lack of winter showing up any time soon isn't helping their cause at all...

mbedle

Talked to my friend today and she was told its "foreigners" who do not want to be known until everything is final. Her contact is "convinced" they are opening this season even if they have a management company open it up for the year.

Not at the poster, but wow - God forbid some "Foreigners" buy the place. Next they might have Muslims selling lift tickets and prayer meetings on the middle of the slops, hell they might start selling sushi in the lodge. This info is too much for me t handle. I need a safe place now..

Smellytele

Not at the poster, but wow - God forbid some "Foreigners" buy the place. Next they might have Muslims selling lift tickets and prayer meetings on the middle of the slops, hell they might start selling sushi in the lodge. This info is too much for me t handle. I need a safe place now..

Well Foreigners have bank rolled Jay and Burke but own nothing but a green card

prsboogie

The point is they know nothing about who or where they are from, it is being told to her that they have deep pockets and don't want to be known until THEY tell everyone they are the new buyers. Probably in case they can't make the deal work they don't want to be harassed (my speculation)

prsboogie

Honestly I couldn't give two shits where their from. I know I'll not be skiing there anytime soon, just hate to see her paying condo fees on a slopeside condo that won't be used I'd they don't open.

Jully

Wait, what?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
What the heck is going on at Saddleback

I know the Berrys (do I have that name right?) are trying to sell. SB wasn't at the Ski Expo this weekend. Their web site is in hibernation. Not a FB post in 30 days, not a twit since September.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
[h=1]New Saddleback lift unlikely for 2015-16 ski season[/h] Posted by Ben Hanstein • September 24, 2015 •

RANGELEY - Saddleback Mountain is looking to establish a "clear future" by the first week in October, after indicating that it would not be possible to install a new four-person chairlift prior to the 2015-16 ski season.

According to a statement posted to the company's Facebook page on Sept. 16, putting in a new lift for this incoming season was "off the table." Saddleback Mountain is continuing to pursue three other options. These include discussions with four, separate buyers looking to operate the resort this season, a fifth buyer looking to purchase the resort in the spring, and a "limited operation" for the 2015-16 ski season.

"Our goal is to have a clear future by the first week in October," the statement reads, "so that if none of the operational options pan out we can allow our customers to look at other options for the 2015-2016 season."

The ski mountain, the third largest in the state and an employer for up to 300 people during peak winter season, previously announced that it would be unable to open for ski operations this year unless it secured $3 million in financing to purchase a new four-person chairlift. That lift would replace a 51-year-old double chair that provides access to the top of Saddleback Mountain.

The Berry family purchased the ski area in 2004, leading to several years of rapid growth and expansion. In 2004, Saddleback employed 66 people and drew about 15,000 skiers annually. In 2012 the family reported Saddleback employed more than 225 people during peak winter season, and by then they had added $40 million in infrastructure improvements, drawing as many as 100,000 visitors annually.