• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Scotty and Cornhead's Favorite BBQ

Shredder of Gnar

For people on their way home from Belle or Platty tomorrow 2/28 that take route 28 to the thruway (or wherever), the firehouse (on the left) just after the Mobil station in Shokan will be selling Brook's chicken or rib dinners from 3-6. Folks from Brook's actually come there and do the cooking for the event. I can't wait to get some and bring it home w/o having to drive all the way to Oneonta! If you've never tried it, check it out -- you'll see why Corn and Scotty go out of their way to get this stuff...

Cornhead

I've heard advertisements on the radio for events in Binghamton catered by Brook's, I've never attended any though. Funny, a sign of the shitty season, just mentioned to my buddy today that it'd been awhile since I'd been to Brook's. We usually stop on the way home from ski trips to the Daks and Cats, stopped alot last year. The only time I've been this year was coming home from Snow Ridge. It was a bit out of the way, though I think the mileage wasn't that much different from my usual route home. I think Oneonta is almost due south of Turin. My GPS did send me east on the thruway, but only one exit, IIRC.

Shredder of Gnar

I've heard advertisements on the radio for events in Binghamton catered by Brook's, I've never attended any though. Funny, a sign of the shitty season, just mentioned to my buddy today that it'd been awhile since I'd been to Brook's. We usually stop on the way home from ski trips to the Daks and Cats, stopped alot last year. The only time I've been this year was coming home from Snow Ridge. It was a bit out of the way, though I think the mileage wasn't that much different from my usual route home. I think Oneonta is almost due south of Turin. My GPS did send me east on the thruway, but only one exit, IIRC.

It was a lot longer than that for me since I had been to Brook's -- prolly 2, if not 3, years -- just finished basically inhaling :) the BBQ chicken dinner and it was incredible as always, and what an awesome way to cap off a day of off-the-charts spring bumpin at Belleayre!

The setup this firehouse had is pretty cool (other than the traffic jam it caused on Rt. 28 with so many people trying to turn in) -- the organizer said they sell 1000+ dinners in 3 hours! Anyway, you get in 1 of 3 lines that they have pointed towards the back of the firehouse, then you drive through the firehouse to pick up your order and exit from there...

Will look for you at K this spring!

ScottySkis

Brooks after hanging with Mary Jane is a perfect combination and skiing first. I haven't been now in few years must go back soon. Hopefully when I get OK to start working in By Plattekill I can stop their for some great food for sure. Hope some people on rte. 28/today got some amazing Brook BBQ to fill their hunger and munchies.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Tin

I could be moving to Binghamton next year, good to hear the food is decent. Providence has spoiled me in terms of food.

I did like a few of the dive spots there such as "The Belmar" and had some great breakfast at a local diner. Wish I could have explored more.

abc

I did stop at the fire house but I didn't have any cash on me...

(they said they'll take checks, "checks"!? Who goes around with a check book any more?)