• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Seafood thread..

With summer approaching one of summers joys is eating seafood..sure you can eat seafood in the winter but it just seems better in the summer. Is there a good seafood restaurant in your area that you frequent? I miss living in Maine..I only lived there for 3 months but I ate so much freaking lobster and some great clams as well. I always preferred buying two one pound lobsters as opposed to one two pound lobster and I enjoyed the hardshell better than softshell. At the Cascade restaurant north of Saco Maine..I once ate lobster tail stuffed with...lobster meat..wow..was that good.

Clam chowder is steezy as well along with lump crab meat..there's a local seafood joint in my town that serves up the best crab bisque, lump crap meat, and soft shell crabs..I sometimes go there with my grandmother..and anything you order is great. Anybody prepare a delicious seafood dish with a special recipe? Recipes are accepted..O.K. well this thread is making me hungry for some seafood which I'm conventiently having within an hour..steezy..

deadheadskier

Staff member
I live in Maine....not much to add. Lots of great seafood restaurants. I'm not really a recipe guy. A pretty much look for whatever is fresh, then make my way back to the produce section and drum up an idea.

I live in Maine....not much to add. Lots of great seafood restaurants. I'm not really a recipe guy. A pretty much look for whatever is fresh, then make my way back to the produce section and drum up an idea.

What's the market price for lobster in Maine? Are there still alot of people fishing for Scallops out of Portland? I had drinks with a bunch of Scallop fisherman at The Ale House.

powhunter

Since softshell crabs are in season right now...heres a good recipe for a steezy sandwich

drizzle olive oil on 1 crab
coat with cajun spices
saute for about 3 mins on each side
top with roasted pepper/garlic aioli...or make your own with some roasted bell pepper/roasted garlic mixed with some mayo
slap on a roll with lettuce and tom
serve with a 12 pack of bud light

steve

deadheadskier

Staff member
What's the market price for lobster in Maine? Are there still alot of people fishing for Scallops out of Portland? I had drinks with a bunch of Scallop fisherman at The Ale House.

Pretty much all kinds of fishing goes on out of Portland. I actually haven't checked lobster prices in sometime. Usually come summer, soft shells can be had for $5.99 /lb down at the local fish markets. I find it humorous that Hannafords even sells them. They're a mile from the markets and the price is 2 to 3 bucks more a pound on average.

I eat fish pretty much equally year round. Summer does see me eating more steamers though.

RISkier

Tons of great sea food restaurants in RI. On nice summer evenings we like to go down to a place in Galilee called Champlin's and sit out on the deck. Kind of a clam shack kind of place but a really good clam shack kind of place. We never order lobster out, just so easy to make at home. I love sea food.

nelsapbm

My faves:

When in Maine...Nunan's for lobster (Cape Porpoise)
When visiting the relatives on the North Shore...Farnham's for fried clams (Essex).

I used to like the Rusty Scuffer in Burlington, but it has new owners and a new menu...havent tried it yet. I tend to eat most of my seafood on trips to Maine & Mass.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Camping in Cape Cod:

Lobster.jpg

FishStory.jpg

maska%20raka2.gif

I just had crab bisque along with lump crabmeat cocktail dipped in cocktail sauce and a baked potato washed down with two Sam Adams Summer Ales..the restaurant I went to has Paella which has 1/2 lobster in it..maybe I'll order it next time if I'm feeling spendy..Holla

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
How does that work? Full out surgery? Are they meant to stay in forever?

Not sure about the surgery,, keeping them is optional. From what I hear, recovery is about 1 month. Probably small incesion, screw driver and it's done. I offered to do it, but she wouldn't go for it.

To get back on subject, nothing like Wellfleet oysters!

dmc

I had a Filet-O-Fish last night.. steezy

wa-loaf

I Like the lobster, especially when cooked over a fire at the beach with seawater. I like most fish, but am not a fan of steamers or mussels.

ctenidae

I Like the lobster, especially when cooked over a fire at the beach with seawater. I like most fish, but am not a fan of steamers or mussels.

Where I grew up, a "steamer" was a pile of horse crap on a cold morning. I just can't bring myself to eat them unless they're called clams.