• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Singles Line

KustyTheKlown

Your use of capital letters and exclamation points make you sound like an absolutely nutcase of a person, in just about every post you make.

drjeff

It's a fair question. I used to think the same way. Basically, there's no concrete evidence of transmission in outdoor settings. Practically all the confirmed transmission are from indoor settings.

However, there's a saying "absence of evidence does not equal to evidence of absence"

While this countries contact tracing is all but a joke, other countries had done better. Singapore and Taiwan had done much more thorough contact tracing. But... even in those countries that appears to do an exhausting contact tracing, they've only manage to trace the origin and/or transmission path of not much more than 50% of their cases!

Put another way, even the best countries were UNABLE TO ACCOUNT for a good portion of their cases as to HOW it was transmitted! Where could those be?

That left a lot of other venues that the disease quite likely transmits, if less easily than those confirmed transmission venues.

Not to forget, there're 3 new strains of the virus that are MORE TRANSMITTABLE than the existing strains. So what we knew how it transmit, may not be all the way these new strains transmits.

All you really needed to say was "my own personal risk tolerance is probably lower than many other people's"

And as an FYI, while the new variant strains of CV19 do appear to be easier to transmit, they don't appear to be any more virulent than the original strain, and early indications suggest that both the presence of vaccine induced antibodies as well as naturally produce antibodies for those who have had and recovered from COVID-19, are effective at preventing one from contracting one of these new variants.

As I like to remind people, don't instantly react to the headline. Take a moment, look at the entire picture, see what it means, and then critically look at the information.

Los

Your use of capital letters and exclamation points make you sound like an absolutely nutcase of a person, in just about every post you make.
And the tone and content of your posts make you sound like a narcissistic prick.

It’s hard to believe that you’re not just trolling most of the time. Are you really that much of a self-involved asshole in real life, constantly patting yourself on the back and putting down others? That’s a rhetorical question of course - I’m not interested in actually engaging you. I’m just calling you out for being a loathsome dick over and over again, telling us about your stupid plans and trips and virtue signaling all the way about how progressive and liberal you are. No one gives a rat’s ass my guy.

And as much as ABC has clearly gone off the deep end on social distancing, at least she’s friendly.

abc

All you really needed to say was "my own personal risk tolerance is probably lower than many other people's"
Compared to many who post here, I clearly am. But I don't tell others their higher risk tolerance is worthless!

We all know people drive way over the speed limit on highways. But what we're seeing here is people who speed are tell people who drive WITHIN the speed limit to "why don't you stay home, you chicken".

As for you FYI (punt intended). I visit my Mom, who's 80+ with underlying medical conditions, frequently. So while I may have a higher personal risk tolerance, I consciously choose to adapt a lower risk profile to protect my Mom. In other words, I'm now acting as a 80+ with medical condition who still skis! That's my risk profile. Heck, the owner of the house I'm staying here in VT is over 90 years age and still skis! Tell these 80 or 90 year old skiers it's safe to share elevators with strangers or get on a bubble lift with TWO other strangers base on your personal analysis of all those incomplete data!

It's one thing to just look at the headline. It's something else to propagate your untrained opinion to others as if it's knowledge. I analyze the data just the same and came up with a drastically different conclusion.

jimmywilson69

And the tone and content of your posts make you sound like a narcissistic prick.

It’s hard to believe that you’re not just trolling most of the time. Are you really that much of a self-involved asshole in real life, constantly patting yourself on the back and putting down others? That’s a rhetorical question of course - I’m not interested in actually engaging you. I’m just calling you out for being a loathsome dick over and over again, telling us about your stupid plans and trips and virtue signaling all the way about how progressive and liberal you are. No one gives a rat’s ass my guy.

I literally posted a similar observation in the Okemo intel thread...

jimmywilson69

Loook at me I'm Heady...

I typically ski many other places. You may be familiar that there is a pandemic ongoing. Not everyone is as cool as you and can take epic trips due to quarantine requirements.

Keep digging your hole dude.

actually I really couldn't care any less. You're on ignore

drjeff

This thread is going about as well as Ryan Cochran-Seigle's run in Kitzbuel, Austria in the Hanenkam went today!!