• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski base repairs - recommendations for ski shops in Boston Metro

Bumpsis

I just came back from a business/ski trip to Lake Tahoe (Squaw, Alpine Meadows) and ripped up my skis a bit due to really thin coverage on the natural snow trails.

No core shots and edges are intact but the major gouges did take some serious chunks of p-tex down to the next layer. This may be beyond my abilty to fix. I'm afraid that my p-texing technique may be a bit lacking and the fix may not hold.

So I'm looking for what the community here would recommend for a repair shop that will do a good job. Wicked Sharp in West Roxbury is the most convenient for me.

Has anyone here had ski repairs done at that shop?

RISkier

I agree on SkiMD. I had a pair of skis tuned at an REI. Went skiing and could barely stand up. Took them into the shop at the Mountain, they ran their fingers over the ski and said they thought it was not salvageable. An instructor friend recommended Mike. Basically said if Mike can't fix them they can't be fixed. He fixed them and they skied wonderfully. Highly recommended.