• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ski club/package trips west

Jully

That 25-33% # is skewed. It is a combined skier and snowboarder #. The skiers with a criminal record percentage is about 2%. The snowboarders with a record is about 95%. When you combine them and average it out, it comes out to 25-33%.

PS - What do you say to a snowboarder who is wearing a jacket and tie?

"Will the defendant please rise".

I'm assuming you're kidding haha. If by some chance you're not I'd love to see those numbers.

Jully

A recent study found that 49% of black men and 38% of white men are arrested by age 23:
https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2014-01/uosc-sho010314.php

That's insane. I'd love to know how many of those are drug related offenses. I can hardly think of others that would lead to those high numbers.

DUIs will certainly be up there, but 40% of 23 year olds have not had a DUI conviction. I didn't go to college so long ago that these statistics don't apply to my class and I knew of like 8 DUIs in my class of 800.

That's crazy that you can't get into Canada for that regardless! Glad ive never been arrested!

yeggous

That's insane. I'd love to know how many of those are drug related offenses. I can hardly think of others that would lead to those high numbers.

DUIs will certainly be up there, but 40% of 23 year olds have not had a DUI conviction. I didn't go to college so long ago that these statistics don't apply to my class and I knew of like 8 DUIs in my class of 800.

That's crazy that you can't get into Canada for that regardless! Glad ive never been arrested!

We can try to work those numbers out. Let's start with DUI, according to AAA "Over 1.17 million drivers were arrested in 2012 for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics. This is an arrest rate of 1 for every 181 licensed drivers in the United States."
http://duijusticelink.aaa.com/facts
I didn't quickly find any recent numbers on what percentage of those are repeats, but old numbers from the federal government suggest maybe 25% of convictions are repeat convictions. For lack of a better estimate we'll use this number to represent repeat arrests.
http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/outreach/traftech/1995/TT085.htm
So working those numbers 75% of 1 out of 181 drivers are first-time DUI arrests each year. Multiplied out by 60 years of driving time, that's a 25% chance of being arrested for a DUI in your lifetime. Of course those rates are higher for your people which means you probably approach that rate in your younger years.

Jully

We can try to work those numbers out. Let's start with DUI, according to AAA "Over 1.17 million drivers were arrested in 2012 for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics. This is an arrest rate of 1 for every 181 licensed drivers in the United States."
http://duijusticelink.aaa.com/facts
I didn't quickly find any recent numbers on what percentage of those are repeats, but old numbers from the federal government suggest maybe 25% of convictions are repeat convictions. For lack of a better estimate we'll use this number to represent repeat arrests.
http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/outreach/traftech/1995/TT085.htm
So working those numbers 75% of 1 out of 181 drivers are first-time DUI arrests each year. Multiplied out by 60 years of driving time, that's a 25% chance of being arrested for a DUI in your lifetime. Of course those rates are higher for your people which means you probably approach that rate in your younger years.

That's pretty depressing. So maybe DUIs are more common than I think. College definitely would be the time to get arrested for a DUI. Cops would be more likely to pull over a car with a younger driver, especially if driving erratically as well. Bring back prohibition! (kidding)

crank

My club went on a trip to Banf last year with a few other clubs. Over 200 skiers from NY area.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
That 25-33% # is skewed. It is a combined skier and snowboarder #. The skiers with a criminal record percentage is about 2%. The snowboarders with a record is about 95%. When you combine them and average it out, it comes out to 25-33%.

PS - What do you say to a snowboarder who is wearing a jacket and tie?

"Will the defendant please rise".

Post of the Year...LOL

Same people working on Unemployment #'s