• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Clubs with Lodges

persee

So... We (my husband and I are both skiers) have started considering joining a ski club with a lodge to make our skiing more affordable. Yup want to ski more w/o being too indebted - more money for gear then! Also wouldn't mind someplace that we can use as a base for summer activities like hiking and kayaking as well.

So does anyone here have experience with any of the couple/family friendly clubs with lodges? I'd love to hear more from anyone who's a member, been a member, or considered membership at any of these clubs. I've been reading profiles/websites for several of the clubs in the Mount Washington Valley and some claim to offer "family" or "married" memberships, but the rest of their publicity makes it seem like these types of memberships are only reluctantly accepted. So the more info the better. No kids for us at this time so that is not a concern.

We aren't restricting our search to the Mount Washington Valley, Vermont would also be of interest to us. Just need to make sure we'll be able to meet the membership requirements of the club. We live in the greater Boston area.

TIA for any help!

Clarkl23

Website
www.linehan-photography.com
Ski Clubs With Lodges

Hi,

I'm a long term member of a family club in the Eastern Inter-Club Ski League (Past President of the League). We currently have 5 fully family clubs 4 in the MWV area and 1 over by Loon in Lincoln. Take a look at the league website at www.eicsl.org and on the clubs page you'll see a legend for the clubs which will identify the family clubs. The club over by Loon just submitted their information and it's not up yet, but from the sounds of things you'd rather be on the 16 side where our family clubs are in North Conway and Jackson.

The info address on the website will come to me if you have any questions. While you're there you can take a look at all of our discounts including lift tickets, which include junior and teen ticket discounts. Not all the info is quite up yet, but will be very soon. There is a membership inquiry form you can fill out if you're interested which I'll forward to the membership contacts of the family clubs.

Clark

SKIER4LIFE1281

Hi My father is the vice president of the Sterling Ski Club and we have two houses in Vermont. One is in Brattleboro ( right near the Chealsea Royal Diner) and one slopeside on Sugarbush North. I believe the membership for a family is around $100, but well worth it. At the lodges during the winter i Believe it is $20 a night. You can't beat it and the members are all great people. In the summer you can rent the houses for $125 a night for however many people you want. We get unbelievable deals on tickets and by no means do you have to live in CT to be a member. We have a lot of members in the Boston area and they love it. Thanks.