• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Closings 2014

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Well we were there for Jay Peaks last day, while some of the best weather arrived after we left - it was fun to get the turns in! Man, I love this sport!

We are anticipating a Killington trip this weekend - potentially Saturday.
We overlapped again this weekend. I was at MSS on Saturday and Jay on Sunday. Kmart is on the radar, but I need to find a time where I can get away from stuff here in Ottawa.

Cornhead

I'm hoping they can survive till the weekend of the 24th, if not, today at A Basin will be my last of the 2013-2014 season. 24", 4 days, and Winter conditions is not a bad way to exit.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

skiNEwhere

Abasin just announced they are extending to the weekend of the 8th, and will keep extending as long as their is enough snow and interest in skiing

Cornhead

First chair Tuesday, bombing a few groomers first thing in the morning with that stunning view before me made me feel as if I were in Nature's cathedral, there's nothing on the East that compares, the view from Wildcat is close, but the Rockies are in another league.

Spent some time on the deck of the Black Mountain lodge watching SP prep the East Wall. They hike up from the base, set charges to insure stability prior to opening. I didn't ski the East Wall, bum knee, and being terribly out of shape are my excuses, hopefully I'll geJt a chance next year.
View attachment 12613
View of the East Wall from the deck

View attachment 12614
You can see SP's tracks, and the slide paths of their charges.

uploadfromtaptalk1400067823826.jpg
Cathedral Rockies

uploadfromtaptalk1400067855368.jpg
Breakfast:D

Cornhead

uploadfromtaptalk1400068462583.jpg
Lunch;), actually I think it'll be the other way around. Flying home at 1AM tomorrow morning, two lay overs, hope I don't fall asleep in the airports. I almost fell asleep in the sauna yesterday.

Cornhead

uploadfromtaptalk1400069093343.jpg
My little buddy I'm leaving behind, Spaceman. Look forward to seeing him, oh yeah, and my Son too, next Winter. Cat Karma came through big time on this trip!

Cornhead

Having a cup o joe at the Black Mt Lodge, here's what the East Wall looks like today.
uploadfromtaptalk1400084304439.jpg
Calling for 1-3" today. Breakfast was yummy and gummie, looking forward to lunch! :D

Cornhead

You'll have to forgive the TR in the closings thread, must be something I ate.;)

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
I was somewhat dissappointed last weekend when I saw that MSS still had 5-8' of snow and were still planning to end their season last Sunday. Just off the press, the snow is still there and they decided to re-open for Canadian longweekend. I'm happy, because I couldn't go skiing this weekend, but I'm free on Monday.
Hang On, I’m not done yet !!! Eastern Closing Thread 2013-14 – Part 7 1/2

http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2014...yet-eastern-closing-thread-2013-14-part-7-12/

.squirrely.

looks like the end for k town. did they not make as much snow this year on superstar or was it the heat wave we had this week and last?

Tin

Just watched the Superstar cam. 2 people on the chair and 3 came down in about 30 seconds. $54 to ski one trail with walking required?