• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Response to COVID-19

drjeff

I can see it now,... I’d like a reservation for 1 in the men’s room after my 8:30 coffee

If it comes down to it, I will go in the woods, no lodge bathroom for me.

I'm expecting the restrooms this season in the lodges at Mount Snow to look like the restrooms did at the Mount Snow Golf Club this past Summer, which basically resembled a crime scene with all the yellow "crime scene like" tape blocking off every other urinal and every other stall!! :lol:

gittist

I'm expecting the restrooms this season in the lodges at Mount Snow to look like the restrooms did at the Mount Snow Golf Club this past Summer, which basically resembled a crime scene with all the yellow "crime scene like" tape blocking off every other urinal and every other stall!! :lol:

IF there's anyone skiing, I expect a lot of yellow snow...

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
And I doubt K will assault superstar like years past so I doubt there will be a late spring at K. So I'm not burning an entire years IKON passes on 6 days at Stratton and K.

Killington allowing parking reservations up to the second weekend of May as well as having a Mother's Day special as one of their limited ticket deals this year.

I still believe we'll get some sort of vaccine out to the masses early 2021. Early enough that March, April, May 2021 are something the ski resorts may want to peruse. I keep hearing "yes there'll probably be a vaccine but it'll take all 2021 to distribute" which I think is overplayed, at least for the developed world.

mbedle

Killington allowing parking reservations up to the second weekend of May as well as having a Mother's Day special as one of their limited ticket deals this year.

I still believe we'll get some sort of vaccine out to the masses early 2021. Early enough that March, April, May 2021 are something the ski resorts may want to peruse. I keep hearing "yes there'll probably be a vaccine but it'll take all 2021 to distribute" which I think is overplayed, at least for the developed world.

Keep in mind that only one of the potential vaccines being developed will require a single dose. All the other ones are going to be a two dose vaccine, like for shingles.

drjeff

Just checked, 124,600 people ahead of me.... lol

Virtual line moved quick for me. I was initially a bit over 10k in line, took less than 30 minutes to get through the virtual line and make my reservations, and the rate at which the line was moving sped up as it went along.

JimG.

Staff member
Has anyone heard anything about ORDA's plan for Belleayre, Gore and Whiteface this coming season? I have seen nothing from them about reservations to ski or any reservation system at all. What are they waiting for?

My K pass is already toast, I will get a refund before the 11/20 deadline. I refuse to spend money and then have to sneak around and lie to ski there, or make parking reservations for a season pass (which makes it NOT a season pass). Nor will I fart around with quarantines and COVID tests every time I want to ski. I don't blame K, but VT clearly does not want my business.

I'm feeling the same way about ORDA; I don't trust Cuomo and I think he is waiting to drop the bomb that NYS areas will not open this season, then keep everyone's money. So I am ready to proactively defer it to 21-22 by the 12/1 deadline.

Ha ha it's looking more and more that Plattekill will be my only season pass area this coming season and I'm fine with that. Lazlo speaks my language when it comes to passholders and I bought the parking pass so no reservations to park for me.

But of course if Cuomo shuts down the ORDA areas he will also torpedo skiing in NY for everyone. I'm beginning to realize that this will be a totally lost ski season.

dlague

I had if done 2 months ago before my back Corizon shot next day
If was maybe inch in length no pain

They no longer need to go deep up your nose. I was tested recently and they go in just a little and have you breath for about 30 seconds then put it in a tube. East peasy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlague

That is kind of crazy! I have been to a lot of places and have not seen that yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottySkis

Has anyone heard anything about ORDA's plan for Belleayre, Gore and Whiteface this coming season? I have seen nothing from them about reservations to ski or any reservation system at all. What are they waiting for?

My K pass is already toast, I will get a refund before the 11/20 deadline. I refuse to spend money and then have to sneak around and lie to ski there, or make parking reservations for a season pass (which makes it NOT a season pass). Nor will I fart around with quarantines and COVID tests every time I want to ski. I don't blame K, but VT clearly does not want my business.

I'm feeling the same way about ORDA; I don't trust Cuomo and I think he is waiting to drop the bomb that NYS areas will not open this season, then keep everyone's money. So I am ready to proactively defer it to 21-22 by the 12/1 deadline.

Ha ha it's looking more and more that Plattekill will be my only season pass area this coming season and I'm fine with that. Lazlo speaks my language when it comes to passholders and I bought the parking pass so no reservations to park for me.

But of course if Cuomo shuts down the ORDA areas he will also torpedo skiing in NY for everyone. I'm beginning to realize that this will be a totally lost ski season.

We currently do not have any parking reservations. Take a looks at our Operations Update Page on our website regarding a bunch of information - from tickets, snowsports, to parking. https://www.belleayre.com/operational-updates/