• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2012-13 Edition

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Which reminds me. Dec. 24th is a great day to ski if you can swing it. Prices are still low and the mountain is all decked out with great trails ready to go, and you have the place to yourself. I've enjoyed myself, though it does seem a bit lonely and none of the workers really want to be there....

montane

Abenaki + Waterville Valley (NH) $20

- Buy a full-priced Day Pass at Abenaki Ski Area and enjoy a
day skiing here.
- Take that used, dated Abenaki ticket to Waterville Valley
on a following day and turn it in at the ticket office there.
- You can then purchase a ticket to ski at Waterville Valley
for $10!
- Valid at Waterville Valley Sunday--Friday, non-holiday

Abenaki tickets are $10 weekends, $9 non-weekends (for non-residents of Wolfboro, NH).
Hmm, skiing on the cheap... dumpster diving for loose tickets! :)

Link:
http://www.wolfeboronh.us/Pages/WolfeboroNH_Recreation/abenakihours

Link to PDF:
http://www.wolfeboronh.us/Pages/WolfeboroNH_Recreation/abenakiwaterville.pdf

ScottySkis

Price Chopper pass book comes with extras not even advertised.:) Big Mountain passbook-$ 149 for 3 tickets Sunday-Fri. non holiday, not Saturday. Good at Mt. snow, Bromley, Smuggs, Mount Sunappe, Gore and Whiteface. Also bring a friend coupon Mon.- Fri. save $15 to same hills 2 coupons. $30 off Whiteface Mon.- Fri., $5 off Whiteface any day. Smuggs buy 1 1st timer program, get one free any day. Bromley $10 off 2 all day tickets any day. Gore $ 50 off season pass for 2013-2014 season see them mid March 2013. $10 off Empire Card good for Gore and Whiteface. Mount Sunapee $10 off ski or snowboarding workshop Sunday- Friday non holiday. $15 off Learn to ski or snowboarding at Mountsnow any day.:)

F

dlague

Posting to the Abenaki Waterville deal - We have been there - it is a rope tow so don't wear the good gloves or mittens! They rent leather grips which we learned about after our gloves were messed up! It is fun to boot around on but a lot of work related to the rope tow. Still a great deal if you don't mind skiing a few short runs!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Why I found this in the Denver groupon is beyond me!

Hunter Mountain Hotel & Spa – Hunter, NY

One-Night Stay in a Standard Room for Two or Loft for Four with Lift Tickets and Continental Breakfast. Combine Up to Five Nights.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-hunter-mountain-hotel-spa-3

One-night stay for two in a standard room

• Option 1: $235, valid for check-in Sunday–Thursday (up to a $410 value)
  • Option 2: $269, valid for check-in Friday or Saturday (up to a $455 value)
One-night stay for four in a loft

• Option 3: $360, valid for check-in Sunday–Thursday (up to a $600 value)
  • Option 4: $465, valid for check-in Friday or Saturday (up to a $775 value)
Book by: 2/15/13
Travel by: 4/1/13
Included in all options:

Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
What do you guys know about this one?

Active GearUp. Wateas fro 357, but you have to "join"?

So I joined with one of my dumbed down addresses. I began the order process it seems to work. Time to read the fine print..
I can't tell if it's for real.

https://gearup.active.com/
I can't speak for that gearup section of active.com, but if any one is interested in a pair of Watea 94s in 178, I have a pair mounted once that I am looking to sell on the cheap. Used only one season, minor base wear but no core shots, needs a tune for sure. Thinking $200 shipped.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
What do you guys know about this one?

Active GearUp. Wateas fro 357, but you have to "join"?

So I joined with one of my dumbed down addresses. I began the order process it seems to work. Time to read the fine print..
I can't tell if it's for real.

https://gearup.active.com/

Well, here's the fine print:
[h=2]How much does an ACTIVE Advantage membership cost?[/h]
  1. If you sign up for the 30-day ACTIVE Advantage trial offer (either through the website, GearUp or after an online activity registration), you'll receive full access to all member benefits during your trial period. When the 30 days of the trial are up, your benefits will automatically continue with a regular annual membership (at the current annual membership fee).
  2. The annual membership fee is currently $59.95. That's less than $5 per month for full access to all activity registration discounts, additional savings on GearUp deals, free & discounted event entries, free training plans, retail/dining/travel discounts, monthly gear giveaways and more.