• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2013-14 Edition

fahz

[h=1]I can't go but if someone else would like to ski Magic on Friday for $31

Thank you to all our fans who voted Magic #1 in the 2014 "Ski Slope Showdown" competition that fielded 32 of New England's finest resorts and ski areas. Since Magic came out on top of 31 other areas, we thought it only fitting that on Friday January 31st, we would celebrate by offering 31 tickets at $31 at the Magic Store just a click away here.
[/h]http://store.magicmtn.com/results.php?StartDate=01/31/2014&NumberOfDays=1

johnnyari

My wife is new to skiing and I am looking for a good starter mountain. I see there are some decent deals on Liftopia at King Pine for rentals, lift ticket and a lesson for her. Is that a decent place to start?

ScottySkis

My wife is new to skiing and I am looking for a good starter mountain. I see there are some decent deals on Liftopia at King Pine for rentals, lift ticket and a lesson for her. Is that a decent place to start?

You probably get better info from us if you post this in a thread that is related or start a new thread. This thread is for cheap skiing and snowboarding related. Also it would help if you give some more information like where you live close to.

darent

great learner mountain, I learned to ski there on school ski trips along with the rest of my family- go for it!!

ScottySkis

1618666_10152206824577363_979467311_n.jpg
Plattekill Today ,Thursday and Friday.

xwhaler

Have fun and be sure to post a TR...many of us will be at Saddleback the Friday before the AZ Summit.

catherine

Mount Snow, Vt., offers an “I Hate Football” pass for $25 Super Sunday from noon to 4 p.m.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
You can learn any place and no need to pay top dollar for a mountain you can't ski, so I'm with you. It's all about the instructor. I don't know much about picking an instructor (it's been way too long), but make sure they are experienced with teaching adults from scratch. A magic carpet is a big help too.

MadMadWorld

trackbiker

Mount Snow, Vt., offers an “I Hate Football” pass for $25 Super Sunday from noon to 4 p.m.

I didn't see anything on their website for $25.00 but they offer a Sunday afternoon ticket every Sunday except for holidays for $29.00. They also offer a 4 for $99.00 deal for Sunday afternoons. Both are great deals.

ScottySkis

Not sure if it's just my PC/network but I'm not seeing your image.

Which I believe say's $20 lift tickets at Plattekill on January 29,30 & 31 !
http://plattekill.com/home-trio/skier-and-rider-appreciation-days

I was planning on hitting Belleayre on Friday but I think I might have to change my plans!

20$ today and tomorrow and yesterday at ppatty.

Go to their webite look under lift tickets for discount tickets and you will see I guarantee it.