• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2014-15 Edition

Jcb890

I know the Vermont 3/5 Passes had been talked about before, but I was having trouble finding it. Thank you guys anyways for answering. Too bad you can't trade them, but it is still a great deal it seems like.

catherine

I just got back from 2 days at Killington. Sign up for their emails so you'll know when their K-tickets go on sale. $41 for a midweek ticket this year.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Bromley Mountain: Start Fun, Start Free: Intro to Skiing & Boarding March 15, 2015 Join the Bromley Ski & Snowboard School in our carefully sculpted Terrain Based Learning Zone for FREE for three days this season. Ages 6 & up, package includes lift access, rental equipment and instruction. Must call to register at (802) 824-5522 x301. Limited availability.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I know the Vermont 3/5 Passes had been talked about before, but I was having trouble finding it. Thank you guys anyways for answering. Too bad you can't trade them, but it is still a great deal it seems like.
go to the top of this page. Select "search this thread" on the right hand side.

Jcb890

Will mountains begin to drop pricing or offering any special kind of pricing for Spring Skiing? I know some are offering the Spring Passes, but how about for individual days?

deadheadskier

Staff member
In April definitely. Late season Killington usually charges $50. Liftopia deals become more abundant with steeper discounts as well.

Abominable

Not to mention lots of special days, St. Pats, etc. Also spring value cards (like Bromley's).

elks

Jay Peak has already announced the deal our family waits for each year. $159 per night from Sunday-Thursday for a family of 4, which includes lift tickets and lodging. The deal is not as good as previous years since you now only get the day of arrival lift tickets (and only a half-day at that) if you book 2 or more nights, but still a pretty solid deal. (For the past two years, we would book a Sunday night stay and get 8 full-day lift tickets upon arrival Sunday morning!) Also, if you have young kids, this comes with free daily daycare if needed ...

steamboat1

I posted this in the 15/16 Passes & Pricing thread, but figured I would put it in here as well:

I have the link saved for the Vermont 3 Pass / 5 Pass page, but it is pretty lacking in details.

When do they go on sale?
Which mountains are valid?
How do they track 1 per mountain?
Are any of them interchangeable/tradeable?

I put the answers in for you, but my first reaction was to have you look for the answers in this thread because they are answered.

you have to sign the voucher in their presence and they compare it to the signature on the first card.
They go on sale Oct 1 & usually sell out within a few hours
All VT. ski areas accept them except for maybe the Heritage Club & Plymouth Notch.
Most areas scan them now so the areas skied don't need to be checked off. The scanner knows where the coupons have been used.
I haven't signed the top of mine yet & haven't been asked to. When I was injured 2 years ago & couldn't ski I was able to sell my remaing VT. Passes to a friend who had no problem using them.

Jcb890

They go on sale Oct 1 & usually sell out within a few hours
All VT. ski areas accept them except for maybe the Heritage Club & Plymouth Notch.
Most areas scan them now so the areas skied don't need to be checked off. The scanner knows where the coupons have been used.
I haven't signed the top of mine yet & haven't been asked to. When I was injured 2 years ago & couldn't ski I was able to sell my remaing VT. Passes to a friend who had no problem using them.

As an example... if I bought a 5-pack and used one at Stowe and one at Killington, could I trade 2 of my remaining tickets to someone else who had not used a ticket for Stowe or Killington and did not plan to?

xwhaler

Waterville Valley---could be pretty cold end of this month

WATERVILLE VALLEY- updated 3/10/15
Once football season ends, take advantage of our Temperature Tuesday deal! As the mercury dips so do our prices! Root for cold temps because lift ticket prices on Tuesdays will be the predicted base area temperature that is forecasted by our professional snowmaking meteorologist. Ticket price will be determined at or around 8am on Monday mornings. (Not valid on March 17th as we will have $17 lift tickets St. Patrick's Day.) - See more at: http://www.skinh.com/tickets-and-deals/daily-ticket-deals.aspx#sthash.49e03yQh.dpuf

dlague

xwhaler

Or....every Sunday

If a VT/NH Resident do the Sunday Solution 8:30-1 for $35 for an adult, $31 for young adults/seniors and $27 for junior/super seniors. Kids 6 and under are FREE.

If a VT/NH Resident do Sunday Afternoons 12:30-4 for $29 All ages
You bet...2 of my 3 days so far at Okemo have been on the NH Sunday Solution.
It's a nice value and you get in a ton of vert for that price.
I'll be back there next Sunday on it as well.

dlague

You bet...2 of my 3 days so far at Okemo have been on the NH Sunday Solution.
It's a nice value and you get in a ton of vert for that price.
I'll be back there next Sunday on it as well.

Last year that was one of our go to places on Sundays - this year Cannon!

deadheadskier

Staff member
At the CS counter at my local Market Basket they had BOGOs for Smuggs. I won't be able to use them before the end of the season, but I grabbed 4 if others are heading. Shoot me a pm and I'll mail them to you if your local store doesn't have them.

VTKilarney

Bretton Woods has a Patriot's Day special for April 20th. A ticket is $17.76 and you receive a free return voucher good from the opening day of the 2015/2016 season through December 18, 2015.

While I know that Bretton Woods has its detractors, $8.88 per day of skiing is pretty darned good.

I believe that you have to purchase the ticket in advance on their website. Return vouchers are only given out in person on April 20th.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I did this two years ago and bought at the ticket window. It was my first time there. Beautiful day, very crowded, somber car ride home given what happened that day.

Unfortunately my current company doesn't celebrate Patriots day, otherwise I'd be there. Great deal